X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyers2thecup
    • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
    Popcorn and soda coupons

Well I just went to print out my ONE E-coupon for ONE free rental that you get once per month.

I found this to be disurbing:

So what they are saying is you dont need to print out that ONE extra FREE movie or game rental each month you can use your online return envolops...... D'AH!

That just ripps you off that ONE FREE rental per month if you dont print that ONE e-coupon.

I wonder how many people will stop printing it out.
    you totally misunderstood that notice. all it's saying is you now have ANOTHER option....to use your return envelopes as coupons, and you don't even have to print anything to use them. it even goes as far to say that if you don't have a mailer, you still have at least one monthly e-coupon to use. Nowhere in there would i take it as a suggestion from them to not print my monthly coupon.

Comment

• mahoney19
      • Apr 2005

Has anyone else been getting excessive numbers of cracked or scratched discs that are unplayable lately? I have gotten four in the last week! I called and complained and got 3 more free coupons but still a pain in the neck.

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

Well, guess what? After my email conversations with my blockbuster "case worker" it seems that the throttling magically stopped, for now at least;

I turned 2 movies into the store last eve., - today bb notified me that they received them, & a couple hrs. ago I received email that they are shipping the next 2 in my queue.

See, they can do it if they really want to!

Now let's just see how long it lasts...

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
          Well, guess what? After my email conversations with my blockbuster "case worker" it seems that the throttling magically stopped, for now at least;

I turned 2 movies into the store last eve., - today bb notified me that they received them, & a couple hrs. ago I received email that they are shipping the next 2 in my queue.

See, they can do it if they really want to!

Now let's just see how long it lasts...
          I cancel the online one I like my in store pass
          sigpic

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

Katz,
            It will probably not last long so enjoy it while you can.
            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Katz,
              It will probably not last long so enjoy it while you can.
              I am going to bug the heck out of them every time they start throttling again. They are good about answering emails, although they do have a habit of "beating around the bush" & not answering your questions/comments directly.

...guess bb trains their CS employees well... that seems to be the theme of many businesses these days. Give the customer an answer that sounds right, (half-truth) while completely disregarding their concerns.

Comment

• jm1647
                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                I am going to bug the heck out of them every time they start throttling again. They are good about answering emails, although they do have a habit of "beating around the bush" & not answering your questions/comments directly.

...guess bb trains their CS employees well... that seems to be the theme of many businesses these days. Give the customer an answer that sounds right, (half-truth) while completely disregarding their concerns.

I think they have a bunch of response templates to use and don't really write them on their own.

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

I just noticed on the BB site that one of the stores (I have never gone to yet, it was about 4 miles away) near me has closed and is listed as Just a Total Access place now. Of the other 4 stores I had listed as my favorites all are listed as also being Total Access now. It looks like BB is really tring to keep up with the shipping demands

Comment

• freebird
                    • Jan 2007

I have run into this with blockbuster and netflix. Netflix was the better of the two when it came to sending my top queue request though. Blockbuster would let my number 1 selection sit for weeks when it showed available all along. They would drop down as far as 11 in my list when there were plenty that showed available now ahead of it. grrrrrrrr..

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

There is one thing I have have been noticing in the BB stores and I don't think I like it,have you guys been noticing the BB exclusives on the shelves.What I dont like is would if Hollywood Video and Netfilix start doing this also it's going to make it almost impossible to rent the DVDs you want

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                        There is one thing I have have been noticing in the BB stores and I don't think I like it,have you guys been noticing the BB exclusives on the shelves.What I dont like is would if Hollywood Video and Netfilix start doing this also it's going to make it almost impossible to rent the DVDs you want

Yup, BB has a deal with The Weinstein Company/Genius people for exclusive rights but it hasn't stopped NF from getting TWC titles so far. I seen it posted from 1 rental place that TWC titles will be available for rental even if they have to buy them at Wal-Mart.

And with the online rental war and the BB TA thing I think Hollywood Video is going to suffer the most.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by freebird
                          I have run into this with blockbuster and netflix. Netflix was the better of the two when it came to sending my top queue request though. Blockbuster would let my number 1 selection sit for weeks when it showed available all along. They would drop down as far as 11 in my list when there were plenty that showed available now ahead of it. grrrrrrrr..
                          I have it happen also, BB's excuse/reasoning is that it is out of the required shipping range of 2-3 days. They calculate available by the number of DVDs they have at their 35 shipping centers and the number of requests they get?

My response to them was why isn't it marked as short wait or long wait until it is available at a shipping center in the 2-3 day shipping window for me. I just added a new title at the top of my queue and it arrived the next day. I guess it was available at a center 2-3 days from me. I was also told, when I had less than 30 DVDs in my queue to keep at least 30, I now have 80+

Comment

• BR7
                            He is coming to your little town!
                            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
                            Yup, BB has a deal with The Weinstein Company/Genius people for exclusive rights but it hasn't stopped NF from getting TWC titles so far. I seen it posted from 1 rental place that TWC titles will be available for rental even if they have to buy them at Wal-Mart.

And with the online rental war and the BB TA thing I think Hollywood Video is going to suffer the most.
                            Thanks jm Once again you have come through with some useful information
                            Last edited by BR7; 29 Jan 2007, 04:35 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                              Thanks jm Once again you have come through with some useful information
                              I found it in a thread at http://ihateblockbuster.com/ Seems a lot of former and present BB employees post there

Comment

• katzdvd
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Feb 2006

jm - is there a way I can view all movies that I rented in the past?

Comment

Working...