X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
    So in essence, what I am thinking will happen when I go back to BB, is...

On Tuesday I return 3 online movies to the store, and get three in-store DVDs, then on Weds they send the next three in my queue, I get all three by Fri-Sat, watch them all over the weekend and return them by Sun-Mon night and get three instore DVDs, then on Mon or Tues BB online sends the next three in my queue because by then they should have cleared the one I returned on Tuesday of the prior week, right?

Looks like potentially 12 per week, no?
    Oh yeah, also the free coupon for another instore DVD....
    Sounds good to me This Total Access thing cuts out the USPS for the turnaround time on DVDs ya get in the mail. The only potential hold up could be the USPS gettin them to ya. And ya get the free DVDs when ya return to a store. The instore coupons are supposed to go down to 1 ot 2 a month

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

jm/others;

Is BB consistant with emailing you/notifying you when they receive the movies that you send back, & letting you know about the next one shipped?

They aren't with me; this has been a pain, 'cause I don't know if the problem lies with USPS delivery to them or BB fooling around & not updating/ checking in the movies in a timely manner.

I think it is time for me to give them a call & see if they can get this part straightened out for me. I was just curious if any of you exp. the same situation.

Comment

• jimbz1108
        BLOCKBUSTER free activation code 34064B
        • Nov 2006

Blockbuster Total Access

helpful info for you BB soon to be users
        total access rocks ive gotten between online and instore 18 rentals in past week and a half.

the whole que issue people are having is no issue at all once you check in your 3 at the store it doesnt update the que based on "BB online" recieving them but it does update your shipped movies to send your next ones out the only time the ONLINE updates the ones you already have out is when they actually get back to the distribution centers.

right now i have 9 movies on my checked out box but i still get my 3 in the mail.

also if you are going to sign up for the blockbuster service use this code instead of the ones they give you in stores or online
        34064 that code 34064 gives you a free month instead of 2 weeks like all other codes
        the online code from the bb website is the same code but with a B
        being that i workfor the company we were told they still have to honor the codes they gave out the months before for the free online service that gave a month so use that code instead of the 2 week trial.

so enjoy a free month of renting and giveit a true free try dont bother with just 2 weeks

peace guys lots of free rentals at your fingers

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
          jm/others;

Is BB consistant with emailing you/notifying you when they receive the movies that you send back, & letting you know about the next one shipped?

They aren't with me; this has been a pain, 'cause I don't know if the problem lies with USPS delivery to them or BB fooling around & not updating/ checking in the movies in a timely manner.

I think it is time for me to give them a call & see if they can get this part straightened out for me. I was just curious if any of you exp. the same situation.
          Yes there was a problem big time for awhile, until I yelled at my local postmaster, then things magically speeded up

Returning the movies to a store now automitically triggers the shipment of the next available movies by the next day. The 2 exchanged at the store last week just cleared from my queue this morning. This morning I exchanged the 3rd movie I got last week and use the free coupon for this week also. I'm still waiting for the DVD that had an ETA of the 7th.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jimbz1108

also if you are going to sign up for the blockbuster service use this code instead of the ones they give you in stores or online
            34064 that code 34064 gives you a free month instead of 2 weeks like all other codes
            the online code from the bb website is the same code but with a B
            being that i workfor the company we were told they still have to honor the codes they gave out the months before for the free online service that gave a month so use that code instead of the 2 week trial.

so enjoy a free month of renting and giveit a true free try dont bother with just 2 weeks

peace guys lots of free rentals at your fingers

Hmmm jimbz1108, the local store I go to has a code of 340XX, and they get a bonus when it is used. Is the code you posted for your store to get the bonus. And you been busy posting it in different topics here. Who gets a bonus when the code you listed is used ?
            Last edited by jm1647; 7 Nov 2006, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• jimbz1108
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
              Hmmm jimbz1108, the local store I go to has a code of 340XX, and they get a bonus when it is used. Is the code you posted for your store to get the bonus. And you been busy posting it in different topics here. Who gets a bonus when the code you listed is used ?
              I dont know if certain stores get bonus for it or not i just know that if you leave the "B' off it gives you a month trial vs 2 week trial use what ever numbers you get from the stores and leave the B off i jsut know the code
              i used worked figured i would let everyone know atleast with one working code
              you can always try it with your local store codes just figured 34064 worked for me why not let others

thanks for the input though

Comment

• jimbz1108
                • Nov 2006

another note i posted it in diff areas tryin to find the most appropriate area glad you gave me the link to this forum vs the other ones thats why i took it down off the other boards and added it here

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jimbz1108
                  another note i posted it in diff areas tryin to find the most appropriate area glad you gave me the link to this forum vs the other ones thats why i took it down off the other boards and added it here
                  just read alot then if you have problems please post
                  sigpic

Comment

• volfann
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2006

Well ,the new BB method of returning movies to the store did not work out well for me. So far movies are still in my queue and no new movies ever got shipped. Finally reported my returns as MIA this morning in hopes of getting a couple of the new movies shipped today that should have shipped out yesterday .
                    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                      Well ,the new BB method of returning movies to the store did not work out well for me. So far movies are still in my queue and no new movies ever got shipped. Finally reported my returns as MIA this morning in hopes of getting a couple of the new movies shipped today that should have shipped out yesterday .
                      The movies you return to a store won't drop outta your online queue until BB receives them back. I have 5 in my 3@tike online queue again.
                      Hmmm you returned them on Friday, they don't ship on the weekends and they say they will ship within the next business day after returning to a store. I agree they shoulda shipped the replacements on Monday unless they are considering Monday as they day they were notified of the return and considering Tuesday as the shipping day...I dunno that could be it

Did you return them Friday after normal business hours Friday? Maybe that is why?

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

I swapped them Friday morning right after the store opened.. I knew they wouldn't leave my queue but I had 2 movies that should have shipped to me on Monday or at least Tuesday. May just be a glitch somewhere.
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Nov 2005

I returned one on Friday. new one shipped to me today.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                            I swapped them Friday morning right after the store opened.. I knew they wouldn't leave my queue but I had 2 movies that should have shipped to me on Monday or at least Tuesday. May just be a glitch somewhere.

I hope so.... I know the webite was down about 3 times today for maintenance or something, I forget what it said. I hope it ain't getting overloaded. It's outta beta now so it should be alright.

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

I just checked the rental history, they have shipped 7 movies from online and all were exchanged, except for one that I did not receive yet that they shipped yesterday, at my local store up to today. So I got 12 movies since they shipped the first batch 10-30-06 and I didn't return one of the movies I received from the 10-30 shipment until yesterday
                              Attached Files

Comment

• youthinksoo
                                • Oct 2005

One thing I still don't understand is this concept of additonal movies. If you are on the 3 at a time plan and you exchange them in the store for 3 other movies from the store, blockbuster said they will still ship the next movies on your list. I don't understand how that can work if your plan is for only 3 movies checked out at a time? I am not talking about the usage of cupons here.

Comment

Working...