Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ritin_gadge
    • Nov 2001

Creative suck

If you have a Creative Dxr3 card, then petition creative to bring out some windows XP drivers, at the moment you need to use the H+ drivers.
    bolt ya radge
  • Simon T
    • Nov 2001

You're right!!

Creative indeed sucks. I bought a DVD-player of that f***ing company and the accesspeed of the player is lower than my old Mitsumi quad speed cdrom-player from 1995. Ain't that shit!!!
    Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• Wer-Al Zwowe
      • Dec 2001

But they have great soundcards.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

... and they should stick to it (and I think they are doing this now, since they seemed to have backed out of the video card market).

The biggest problem with Creative is that they like to re-badge products from other companies as their own (eg. DXR-3 is a re-badged Hollywood+, their DVD-ROM drives are from various vendors) - unfortunately, they opted not to use original drivers/firmware, but provide their own, which I think is the cause of all the problems.

You should be able to use H+ drivers with the DXR-3, but I don't think users should be forced to do this, as a company as large as Creative should be able to provide the latest drivers.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...