X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctgale
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

jmet - Administrator or ?????

A few days ago I had started a thread called A Cinderella Story so I make a backup copy of the movie that I purchased so my two daughters can ruin the backup and not the original. However, super duper administrator jmet (jackass) took a comment that I made out of context and accused me of piracy.

Apparently jmet, who thinks he is all high and mighty can just close down a thread and make an accusation of "piracy". Well excuse me sir, you also made mention in the thread that you copied the movie just fine and didn't have any problems. What is that supposed to tell me, that you pirated the movie also.
    Or were you just coping for other reasons?

Your actions alone can be considered to be slanderous/libelous. Therefore, I believe a retraction statement is required and the lock removed from the thread.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

ctgale, yes I closed/locked your thread. I did not do it for my enjoyment or pleasure.

I did it cause, it was in violation of forum rules. Then you start another thread (this one) in which you are breaking the rules of this forum again. By calling me a "(*******)", your broke rule # 2. When you signed up for a membership here, you had to agree to abide by the rules. You are breaking that contract. The rules of this forum are located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq....aq_forum_rules

Consider this a warning.

If you break/violate the forum rules again, I have no choice but to "ban" you for a minimum of "3 days". If you continue to break the rules after your return, I will ban you permanently.

Comment

• ctgale
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Okay, then what do you have to say about yourself coping a movie???

What is your reason for that? I call it piracy, so I think you should ban yourself for 3 days.

You have failed to ask me what I was trying to do. What kind of an administrator are you? I have to truly question what you are doing with the movies that you have copied with DVD Shrink and Decryptor. Yes, these two softwares are better than the off-the-shelves software. And I have been able to back-up the movies so the originals don't get ruined which I have seen happen the way my daughters handle the movies. But I guess you wouldn't know it unless you investigate.

Investigate before you act.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Where in that thread did I say I "copied" that movie?

I "distinctly" remember saying "I backed this movie up" - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...065#post279065

I would suggest you "Investigate" before you yourself, make "slanderous" statements.

Comment

• ctgale
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

No, I suggest you "investigate" yourself. Did I refer to any pirated contents?

Care to explain how this refers to piracy???

"Any other suggestions.....or ideas (How about I just go out and buy the movie)."

There is nothing in that statement of piracy. Did you ask where I got the original movie from? No, you did not. Did you ask if I got this movie off of Kazaa? No, you did not.

You took one statement and blew it out of context.

How about if I take your statement of "I backed this movie up" to be construed as copied. Essentially, you copied this movie. How do you "back up a movie" off of a DVD without coping it. Sounds quite contradictory to me. Same thing. Back-up a movie = copied a movie.

This is where I question your authority as an administrator.

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

"Did I refer to any pirated contents?"
            Yes, actually you did. Copying a movie that you do not own, is a form of piracy. You made the inclination that you "should go buy this movie". -
            Originally Posted by ctgale
            (How about I just go out and buy the movie).
            Since you made this statement, you clearly do not own the original so the source of which you obtained it and what you were trying to do is "piracy".

"Backing up" is the legal term used for "making legal copies of your rightfully owned DVD media".

You may question my authority all you want. You have that permission.

Comment

• ctgale
              Banned
              • Jul 2005

Again, I ask you if you asked me any questions of the whereabouts of this movie and how I got this movie?

Did you ask me where or how I got this movie?

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

It really isn't relevant as the only acceptable answer would be "I purchased" this DVD. And you made very clear you didn't.

Comment

• ctgale
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
                  "Backing up" is the legal term used for "making legal copies of your rightfully owned DVD media".
                  And what is difference of backing up to coping - just different terms being referred to the same thing - "making legal copies of your rightfully owned DVD media"

Notice the word "copies" in your statement.

You may question my authority all you want. You have that permission.
                  Believe me, as soon as locate some numbers and address some letters and phone calls will be made.

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Indulge yourself in this matter all you want.

Comment

• ctgale
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2005

It really isn't relevant as the only acceptable answer would be "I purchased" this DVD. And you made very clear you didn't.
                      You are incorrect on that. I never said where the movie came from. I did not say that I got it from Blockbuster, Hollywood Movies, kazaa or purchased it from my local best buy.

Again, you took it out of context. Just admit it.

For your information, I purchased this movie when it first came out on DVD.

Comment

• jmet
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2002

Quote from original thread that I closed:
                        (How about I just go out and buy the movie).
                        Quote from this thread:
                        For your information, I purchased this movie when it first came out on DVD.
                        You clearly are self contradicting yourself there. No further explanation is needed. EOD!

This matter is closed.

Comment

Working...