Add a "First Play" sequence on already finished production?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmuhlenb
    • Jul 2002

Add a "First Play" sequence on already finished production?

Hello there,

I've created a "master" with all my cinefilms, cool menues, etc... Have the VOB files.

The problem is that I want to add a cool THX / Dolby Digital trailer before the menu pops up. I'm using DVDit PE and I know it can't take the AC3 5.1 format, it also can't add a normal VOB file.
    SpruceUp might do this for me but the problem is that I just don't like the menu alternatives I have there and my production is finished and done in DVDit, hate to redo it again in another software that's out of production and difficult to find.

I've tried fiddling with IFOEdit to add the VOB sequence but without luck, can't make it to play at all, let alone play before the menu is played.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Cheers,
    Magnus
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

DVDit Sucks

Its very buggy software, but you could just take the AC3 format and use some program to reencode that to MPEG sound and then MY DVD will take that file in like it was one of its own(PCM will work well)

Comment

• mmuhlenb
      • Jul 2002

I know

Mmm... I know about that feature, but I'd like to keep the 5.1 format of the AC3 file.

Could you recommend an alternative to DVDit?

Regards,
      Magnus

Comment

• vic102482
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

yeah a tv capture card

I like ULEAD, works really good.

I use a tv capture card when I want to make dvds

I hook my dvd player up to my card, then I capture the dvd to my harddrive, then I take that capure and ULEAD happily burns it back to my blank dvd.

The process is flawless, you can even fit close to three hours of high quality video onto a blank dvd.

Comment

• mmuhlenb
          • Jul 2002

Sounds good enough, although I'm not interested in ripping movies, just want to make a DVD production with a cool trailer.

And ULEAD can't take AC3 5.1 streams either.

/Magnus

Comment

• vic102482
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jan 2002

My Dvd can encode that for you

It may be an extra step but you could decode your sound to PCM or MPEG Layer II and then have My dvd reencode it to AC3 and burn that back to dvd, I havent used MyDVD in a while and Im not sure if you can do AC3 5.1 but I know you can encode to AC3 check it out.

Comment

Working...