X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasczak
    • Jul 2002

Displaced Audio

Hi,

I am using TMPG Encoder to demux .VRO and .VOB files but in some cases the AC3 audio is out of sync (displaced not stretched) with the picture. I've read Nicky's guides but these refer to .AVI files not .m2v and .ac3 files. Is there a programme I can use to solve this problem?

Cheers
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

There may be no problem at all

If you are using a software decoder then your CPU maybe just trying to keep up with the motion thats all. Try and burn a sample to a cd and play that back and see what happens. That should give you a more defenate answer.

Comment

• rasczak
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the reply - no it the same on the CD/DVD as on the screen - the audio is displaced about 1 second behind the picture.

Can I edit the AC3 track and shorten it by 1 second at the start to bring things into sync (I appreciate this might involve quite a long period of trial and error!).

Comment

• vic102482
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

yeah it probably will have alot of t and e

Well lets tart from the begginning, what did you do? was it a rip a capture a download? and what haoppened next did you encode it to have a smaller file size and then thats when the problem started? let me know EVERYTHING.

Comment

• vic102482
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jan 2002

oh okay i saw up there what it was

When a file comes to your hdd you shouldnt have a vob it should be like mpeg2, what program are you using to rip the file and where did the file come from a dvd or what?

If it came from a dvd then use smartripper or dvdcryper and it should come to as an mpeg file to your hdd, when you demux you are always leaving yourself open to error because you are seprating the audio from the video and if your frames arent lableled correltcly by the demuxing software then you will run into roblems.

try to just do a st8 rip

Comment

• rasczak
            • Jul 2002

I am trying to convert files from my DVD-RAM disks recorded on my standalone Panasonic DMRE20 DVD Recorder to DVD-Video (burnt on my PC's DVD-R drive). The key file recorded onto the disk by the Recorder is a .VRO file. I copy this to my HDD and rename it .MPG which allows me to load it in TMPG Encoder and demux it into .M2V and .AC3 files.

I can then load this into Spruceup and author the DVD. The trouble is sometimes (about 50% of the time) the audio is displaced by around one second. I don't try and alter the files size at all (it's not required).

If I can edit the .AC3 file (and delete the time difference) or convert the whole thing into a format which would allow me to load it into Virtual Dub (whereby I can follow Nicky's Guides) and then convert it back into .M2V and .AC3 files respectively (although would this result in a loss of quality - what programme could I use for this? and what settings?).

Comment

• vic102482
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jan 2002

DAMN dvd RAM?!

Woah okay.....okay well okay I see your dilemma. Okay umm(scratching head) I think I know where the sound displacement problem is coming from, when you rename a file it does not do anything to a file except trick the program into thinking that it is a file that that program ACTUALLY supports. So what is happeneing is that your RAM recorder has probably spit some data on there and the program that you are using to import the file sees that data and disgards it, harmless, but taht gap maybe what is offsetting the sound. You need to find some sort of ripper that can support dvd-ram or find a program that supports that file format and just use that program to convert to a LEGIT mpeg2 file.

okay this program will convert .vro to LEGITIMATE MPEG 2 FILES

neoDVDstandard 2.5.1

go get it download it install it run it convert mpeg your problem should disappear
              Last edited by vic102482; 1 Aug 2002, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• rasczak
                • Jul 2002

Thanks for your help - I have managed to solve my problems with the audio.

Comment

Working...