X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonnyThunder
    • Aug 2002

Backing up JUST the movie

Aye aye,

Can any1 tell me how I would back up JUST the movie on a DVD. I know how to use SmartRipper to extract VOBS, and I know how to get just the movie VOB... but I cant find a guide which explains how to do just a certain section of the DVD.

Is it not possible to JUST rip the movie VOBS and write them back to DVD without re-encoding it?

Thanks,
    JT
  • fisherman
    • Feb 2002

Use Smartripper "Movie Mode". This rips the movie only.

The size of the resultant rip will determine wether you need to re encode, or be able to burne direct to DVD. This size will differ for each DVD you rip. None are the same. However, before you perform the rip, smartripper does tell you how much disc space you need. If it is greater than 4.38Gb then you will need to re encode.

I noticed you write "I know how to get just the movie VOB". There should be several VOBs to any movie.

Under settings, File size, max file size. Then make sure the value in the dialogue box (max file size) is set to 1000 MB.

This should ensure you get a set of VOBs.

To try this out, select a movie that has a run time of say 90 minutes, then, you will have a better chance of getting the movie on a single disc with no re encoding.

Comment

• JonnyThunder
      • Aug 2002

Thanks for the reply. I'm messing around with these things at the moment to see if I can get it to work.

Comment

• fisherman
        • Feb 2002

OK,

Have a play around, if you have any problems, post back here, and I'll see what i can do to help out.

Comment

Working...