Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rrrredrum
    • Jan 2002

Burning Dvds on a cd-r?

I read somehwre that it can be possible to burn Dvd-Rs using a CD-r, by manipulating the Cd-r. Anyone else heard anything about it?
  • Nielchiano
    • Aug 2002

sure you can... take your CD-R, throw out all the chips, lenses, lasers and put DVD-R stuff in it..........

No you can't... or at least not in a reasonable way.

Oh, btw: WHERE dit you read that?
    We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• vic102482
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jan 2002

Well you can

But you will only get like 20 mins of highquality video and on top of that you probably wont have any sound. Cds are low capacity low bandwidth media dvds go at about 8 megs per second or 64 megaBITS per second that is way to high for a cd to send data in taht kind of mode, now if you were installing(which just means dumping to the hdd) then no problem, but to answer you question all you get is high qualioty video crappy or no sound. Where ever you read that and whatever they are selling dont buy.

Comment

• rrrredrum
        • Jan 2002

My computer teacher told me.... But I never belived in it.. just wanted to know.

Comment

• cplevel42
          • Jun 2002

DVix

He might have meant that you can rip a DVD compress the file with DVix and then burn that to a CD-R, Basically a VCD. It works good, but the video quality is by no means DVD quality.

See http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdripping.htm on the subject.
          Last edited by cplevel42; 28 Aug 2002, 07:44 AM.
          cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• vic102482
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jan 2002

No you can also put DVD content on a cd

You are only gonna get like 15 to 20 mins of video though and the sound sucks. But you can also put dvd quality ciontent on a cd and they also have mini dvds that are dvd content on a cd

Comment

• cplevel42
              • Jun 2002

Yep!

Yep, you're right about mini-DVD. I made a mini DVD on a CDR (dvd quality)and you only get about 15 minutes at best, the sound was not that bad, but Not Dolby Digital AC3 either.
              cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

Working...