Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XLR8R
    • Aug 2002

my simple way to making dvd to 2 dvdr's

1. rip (Only) the movie with Dvddecrypter (stripping the crap not needed, ie. extra audio streams and subtitles).
    You end up with several VOB's (at this stage all we need are the vob's)
    2. Work out the size in total of all the vob's so you know wether to use two dvd-r's.
    (for this example we will be using two dvd-r's) So, say u have 6gig of vob's, you will obviously need 2 dvd-r's).
    3. create 2 new dir's on your Harddrive, say disk 1 and disk 2. copy 1/2 of the first set of vob's to disk1 dir and the rest to disk2 dir.
    4. Merge all vob's in disk1 folder into one big Vob file. (same for vob's in disk2 folder)Make sure you keep the order of vob's or you end up with parts of the movie in the wrong place)
    5. Use DVDquickbilder to rebuild new Video_ts ifo's etc etc. (if anyone needs DVDquickbilder, see note at foot of page, or do a search on the net for it)
    6. you end up with a ready to burn dvd.
    7. do the same for the vob in disk 2 folder
    8. burn both dvd-r's

info on using Dvdquickbilder can be found on
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

this is the absolute simplest way i can think of to make a 100% working dvd to 1 or 2 dvd-r's .

hope this helps

note for moderators, if its ok for me to insert a link here to download Dvdquickbilder, please reply stating so.
    Last edited by XLR8R; 5 Sep 2002, 01:13 AM.
  • cplevel42
    • Jun 2002

Look Easy Enough

Thanks for the info. This looks like a simplified version of other ways that I have seen on here. Simple and fast is GOOD!

You can go ahead and post your download link. The moderators are OK with it, as long as its not spam or pirated material.

Thanks again for the info.
    cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

Working...