Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slpknt870621345
    • Aug 2002

Finding A Program That Will Create VOB Files

I'm not looking for an authoring program, I just want to be able to select any audio or video stream and create a VOB file with it. Any suggestons?
  • fisherman
    • Feb 2002

Authoring Software

The following will do the job :-

Spruce Up
    Maestro
    ReelDVD
    Scenarist

Comment

• slpknt870621345
      • Aug 2002

No, no... I'm NOT looking for an authoring program. I am looking for something like TMPGEnc, but instead of being able to just demultiplex vob files, I want to be able to multiplex vob files. I want to be able to choose exactly what I want to put in it, and click GO- and it creates the file with the needed padding and whatever else it needs to make it a real vob file. But thank you for posting a reply anyway, I appreciate your help.

Comment

• fisherman
        • Feb 2002

Call me thick !!

I'm a bit confused, VOB files are only part of a a DVD file structure, I don't know much about TMPGenc, but I thought it is mainly about compressing "raw" file structures, prior to some other application muxing them to something like a VOB.

Could you please explain your understanding of multiplex & demulitplex ?

Personally I have just strarted to use Spruce UP, and found it fairly straight forward. Sometime soon, I could well be looking to do what you have described, and I feel confident that I should be able to achieve this using Spruce UP.

One small point, once having created what are you proposing to use to create you IFO & BUP files with ? Ifoedit ?

Comment

• slpknt870621345
          • Aug 2002

You're right about TMPGenc, you can create video or video and audio files (converting from other formats) which can be used for making VOB files for DVDs. It also has with it a set of mpeg tools which include multiplexing, demultiplexing, merge and cut for mpg/mpeg/m2v files. The demultiplex function can also be used on vob files to seperate the audio and video streams (which i'm guessing is what you were refering to as the raw data)

I was just saying I wish you could reverse the process of demultiplexing a vob into audio and video---> making your audio and video into a vob file directly. The reason I'm trying to find a program to do this is because I somewhere read an article about using AC3 digital audio on cd or dvd and being able to play it back on your standalone dvd player or dvd rom drive (generally a lower bitrate ac3 audio file is about the same size as a comparable bitrate mp3 file, but not all dvd players have mp3 playback functionallity). I have looked and looked for that article again, but I cannot find it. So I was just going to experiment on my own and see if by some miracle I might accidently stumble on something that works. Even though programs like Spruce Up (which I also use for my authoring) will create vob, Ifo, and bup files (and correctly) I cannot just import ac3 audio streams alone (without video) into the program and author it... I don't know why they designed the program with this restriction, but they did... So I'm SOL there. Now as you mentioned at the bottom of your post about the creation of IFOs and BUPs, that's a whole new obstical to overcome... I don't konw if IFO edit will help me there any or not. I'm probobly going to get disgusted with this project pretty quickly and just give up, but I thought if I could just find a program that would allow me to create a VOB file with whatever I want to put inside it.. it would atleast be a good start. But thank you for trying to help me... I really appreciate it. I hope maybe you understand now what I was trying to accomplish- sorry it was so confusing.

Comment

• fisherman
            • Feb 2002

I see

Ah, now I see where you are coming from now.

Have you tried the doom9 site ? There's a host of programs / guides on audio, which I'm afraid is not one of my stronger subjects. In some respects, I think audio is more complicated than video.

Other than that, I'm about as lost as you are.

Comment

• Derrow
              • Mar 2002

You have to wait a bit.
              As it looks like now, IfoEdit will soon be able to do what you need

Comment

Working...