Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russgm
    • Sep 2002

I want to burn home movies to DVD

PLEASE HELP! I bought a Panasonic DVD burner, a SOny DV camcorder, I have a video caputre card and ooodles of software, BUt how come I can't make a DVD that is watchable? I capture it(is that the problem?) I edit it, add menus(is that my problem) and then I burn it(here??) but when you stick it in the DVD player in my family room, it looks like shit! with some software it is fuzzy and out of focus with others it is digitized, but eitherway it sucks!!! pleae help I have a feeling this can be done but where am i going wrong, i have tried pinnacle studio dv, dvdit,ulead movie factory, all sorts of stuff, i think i need a simple capture program that just captures exactly what is on the dv tape and then a sinmple edit/menu program that doesnt alter anything and then a simple burner that puts the original on a dvd, why can't I do what seems you all have done over and over, is it hardware?
  • cplevel42
    • Jun 2002

Research and Experimentation

1st of all, you need to read the help guides that are listed on this site. This will help you have a better understanding of digital video.

2nd of all, you will need to do some experimentaion with the settings in DVD movie factory. This is key! You will want to experiment with bit rates and encoders 1st. The higher the bit rate, the bigger the file, and thus better the quality. Also, try using de-interlacing as an option. This will eliminate lines that are present while there is motion in a scene. Use re-writable DVDs, so that you don't make tons of high buck coasters.

3rd - be more specific about your settings and which program you are using when posting questions. If you do this, people on this forum will be much more likely to help and they will better understand your problem. Be specific! No one will take the time to get into specifics if your not willing to do the same.

Hope the info helps.
    cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

Working...