Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slpknt870621345
    • Aug 2002

Is it possible to overburn dvd-rs?

I just need 3 MB! That's all. I've tried with Nero and Primo DVD both of which will allow you go input a specification to overburn to, but still won't let you write the disc. I am going to be so pissed if I have to take the files back apart again and redo the whole process over 3 stupid MB! Please, somene, ANYONE.... help. Thanks.
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

It may be a little mroe than 3 megs

If you are talking about 4.7 gigs and you are 3 megs over that limit you can forget it, dvd-rs only take 4.3, now if you are talkign about 4.3 and you are over that limit, we can try to work this thing out. With Mydvd, even thought he file size is too big it will still let you burn the disk, it just gives you a warniing. When that pops up just hit continue process

Comment

• slpknt870621345
      • Aug 2002

The total available disc size reported by Prassi Primo DVD is 4,489.25 MB and the size of the VIDEO_TS folder I want to burn is 4,491.92 MB... not really even 3 whole MB! Am I sunk?

Comment

• vic102482
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

No not at all

Never take crap for an answer, try to burn in mydvd, threre are trial copies all over the web or just go on kazaa, but that will let you burn a copy.

Comment

• slpknt870621345
          • Aug 2002

I found a fix. It may not be the most "professional" or even the right way to do it, but it worked! I used Vstrip, which has a vob chopping function by MB, and just simply loaded the last vob of the file (mostly credits anyway) and set split size to 5 MB less than the original. So the end result was 2 vob files (one 5 MB and the other 343 MB). Just delete the 5 MB vob, rename the 343 MB vob to whatever the original file was in the video_ts folder, replace the old file with the new smaller one, and burn it! Works fine... I figured that would just screw up everything, but when the player reaches the point in the vob where it was chopped off, it just freezes frame until you press stop (both software and stand alone dvd players). Learn something new every day.... Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...