X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwilson_ie
    • Sep 2002

Newbie question - DVD to DVD+R

Hi,
    I recently got a Sony DVD+R/RW drive and was trying to back up a DVD movie onto a DVD+R or +RW disc ( to play on my Pioneer DV444 player ). I used Smartripper to decrypt and rip the movie - I don't know if I done it right but I got about 5 .vob files, an idx, a d2v and an ifo.

Here's where I'm pretty sure I went wrong - I just burned these files directly onto a +rw disc. It didn't play in my standalone Pioneer player. And I also tried to burn it on a +R disc.

I have read so many articles and seem more confused on how to get the files I ripped into a format I can put onto a +R/RW disc and which will then autoplay like a normal DVD ?

Anyone help ? .... on the format I need to transfer the files into to keep DVD quality before burning them - also on whether I need some software to create a menu/index so as to get the burned DVD to play ?

Thanks in advance

rwilson_ie
  • Goodfella30
    • Aug 2002

Uhhh...

You are missing a lot of the steps! You have to make sure that the Video.xxx(there is 3 of them) files are also chosen in Smartripper. You have to make sure you put a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder on the root of you DVD+R or DVD+RW. Geez you really need to just find a good readme and start from scratch..
    At least you tried to burn to a DVD+RW first. I am at work or I would give you a PM with a link....I never get an .idx extension when using Smartripper??? Just .vob's and .ifo's.
    Read,Read,Read.
    Goodfella

All you need is Smartripper, IFOedit, and Nero Burning ROM(I am at 5.5.19 and it works fine with my HP 200i)
    Last edited by Goodfella30; 20 Sep 2002, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• oddyseus
      • Sep 2002

as goodfella said u have a lot to catch up.

Find a lot of readmes and study. In this site there r plenty of how to guides to start with. I am sure u ll find a lot more in the net if u search.

After reading the guides in this site I can recommend another one to look in. www.doom9.org

Comment

Working...