looking for a way to sync audio and video after files have been ripped and authored

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slpknt870621345
    • Aug 2002

looking for a way to sync audio and video after files have been ripped and authored

I am having trouble on a few movies with audio and video sync problems. I think I have found the source of the problem and corrected it, (of course with the help of forum memebers) but I'm still stuck with some files that I had previously ripped and authored that are not completely in sync. Is there a way to correct this problem without having to re-rip and re-author the movies? Is there a way with IFO EDIT to adjust the audio or video start point or insert a delay for one or the other? Thanks.
  • maggot
    • Jun 2002

you can do what i did when i had this problem a while ago. i downloaded a shareware programs called COOLEDIT. with that i ripped off just a tad of the very begining of the WAV file(if it is in fact a WAV which i'm assuming it is) it's usually just empty anyways. and that seemed to keep the rest of the movie on time. hope it helps
    ~Rich

Comment

• slpknt870621345
      • Aug 2002

Unfortunatly no, it's AC3. I strongly hesitate to use any type of converting or recoding method (such as converting to WAV and editing) because I have read that this will destroy the true 6 channel (5.1) coding. The movies I am having trouble with are not terribly out of sync... just enough that you can see it once in a while if a spacific action is taking place or somebody in the movie is very deliberatly announciating their words. I doesn't necessiarily destroy the enjoyment of the movie, but it gets kind of irritating after a while. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Comment

• maggot
        • Jun 2002

i know exactly what you mean. it's like watching a kung-fu movie dubbed in english. there are alot of AC3 editing programs in the DOWNLOAD section of the www.riphelp.com DVD portion. they can do the same thing as far as taking a few fractions of a second off of the begining. look into it......it may work.....or try DVDDECRYTPER

Comment

• slpknt870621345
          • Aug 2002

Well, I still have not found a way to sync movies I have already ripped, but I beleive I have found the key to my sync problem in the first place. When I demux with smart ripper into the .ac3 and .m2v files, I have no sync problems. So I guess using mpeg tools to demux a large vob I extracted with smart ripper first was where the sync problem was being introduced. A re-rip of a movie I was spacificly having trouble with proved this point. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...