Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brawler
    • Sep 2002

which dvd drive is better?

i want to buy a dvd drive but im not sure which one i should chose. either the Pioneer A04 or Panasonic LF-D311SC. since they both write to dvd-r media will they have the same compatibility with home dvd players? im leaning towards the Panasonic mainly because it can write to 9.4 gig dvd's but from what ive read this format isnt really supported right now.

thanks for any suggestions.
  • nickyct
    • Sep 2002

I got the Pioneer A04 and extremely happy with it. (I wish the writing speed is higher)
    I use DVD decryter to rip all my DVD (I found it easier to use than Smartripper) and I use IFO edit to get rid of the trailer and main menu and keep just audio and subtitles that I want.
    I use Nero 5.5 to burn all my DVDs and it works flawlessly.

I bought all my disc at http://www.meritline.com
    DVDpro is the brand that I use they're only 1x though.

Make sure you get DVDR-W always try to burn it to DVDR-W first in the beginning to try it out and play it on your desktop (most newer standalone desktop that can play CDR-W will surely be able to play the DVDR-W)

I have tried all it on all the DVD players and they all played with no problem. Except the first Panasonic A100 that bought when DVD first introduced to the market will not play DVDR-W but will play DVD-R with no problem.

Well, hope this help.

Comment

Working...