Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maggot
    • Jun 2002

Bitares/TMPGEnc/ReMpeg2

I was just wondering......what's the lowest Bitrate you've been able to go to without really bad picture quality?

and i've been using ReMpeg2 to encode. but found that it sometimes causes alot of pixels and poor quality. but when i encode with TMPGEnc at an even lower bitrate i get perfect quality. would people here say that TPMGEnc is alot better than ReMpeg2?
  • Gai
    • Apr 2002

I certainly preferTMPGEnc to ReMPG. I think it has an easier interface and offers more options. It's amazing that such a great encoder is free.

I've been doing anime rips where I put each episode at around 2100 kbits/second to fit seven episodes onto one DVD. I'm not really sure how low you can go without making something look like shit.

Comment

• maggot
      • Jun 2002

how long is each anim. episode? i was thinking of doing the same thing with my simpsons box set.

Comment

• Gai
        • Apr 2002

Anime episodes are around 22-24 minutes. That includes the opening titles and end credits.

I'm thinking of working with ReelDVD to just pop one set of opening titles and end credits for all seven episodes instead of having seven sets of opening and ending credits. If I get that to work properly, I should be able to fit around eight episodes on one disc.

Comment

Working...