Is it possible to Duplicate a DVD movie Using a DVD Burner?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elfo
    • Oct 2002

Is it possible to Duplicate a DVD movie Using a DVD Burner?

Hi there,

I have just bought a DVD burner. I wanted to backup some of my movie which is single layer.

Basically i have ripped the DVD to my HDD.
    I tried using Nero Burn 5.5 to create a DVD but it always give me this error.

"One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file"

Anyway can anyone tell me if it is possible to duplicate the DVD exactly to the way it is in the original with the special feature and subtitle?

Thanks
  • DJcool
    • Jul 2002

hey elfo ya best off reading a few guides
    theres some very good ones here

also read through the forums here theres some usefull info here if ya take the time to read through it all

what prog are you using to rip the DVD

the prefered choice is DVD Decrypter

get it here

hope this helps

Comment

• elfo
      • Oct 2002

I have figured it out how to burn the DVD movie. Copy 1:1

How do we copy PS2 Games? Can we use copy extact copy in the bundled software in the Pioneer A04?

My PS2 is not being Mod yet but i wish to mod it in the near future. Can anyone tell me if i can burn the Ps2 game using the duplicate function in the burner software?

Some DVD-R media i bought are for data. Can they be used for Movie as well?

Comment

• montrachet
        • Oct 2002

Hi there,

A question to DJCool, as I also am a newbie to DVD Burning (Philips 228 & Nero 5.5 so far)...

As a user of DVD Decrypter, do you know if this program allows you to copy a DVD "on the fly", i.e. read on one drive and write on the toaster at the same time, the program being in charge of De-Ma*** & De-C** ???

Or do we still need to ripp and THEN burn

All that in the (rare ?) case when the source DVD is < 4,7 Gb...

Thank you DJ Cool, or any DVD-Decrypter-or-other-stuff user..

Tom... Frenchy

Comment

• DJcool
          • Jul 2002

nope tom u cant copy on the fly with decrypter

i think u can with nero but u need to rip it first to take out the copy protection or it wont play properly when u have recorded it

so the best way is to rip it in iso mode with decrypter then burn the iso with nero

only takes about 15 mins to rip it depending on the speed of your drive

one thing to remember even though it says 4.7gig on the discs u can only get 4.37gig on or 4,718,592 bytes on ya blank discs

Comment

• minibanana.com
            • Oct 2002

I use smart ripper to back up my DVD's on my hard drive which preserves the menus/sound. Is there anyone here that uses that mehtod to burn to DVD?

Comment

• DVDIdiot
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Oct 2002

The latest news, guides and downloads for digital video (DVD, Blu-ray, DivX, Xvid ...), HD, 3D and gaming

DVD Step-by-Step Guides
              http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

Working...