X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigTheo
    • Nov 2002

DVD-R doesn't play on Pioneer 454

Hi,

I have tried to burn a DVD with my new Pioneer DVR 105, and I have some problems with the copy. I used the guide from Doom9.org, copied the movie only with DVD Decryptor to my HD, used IFOEdit to create new files and used the latest Nero to burn a DVD Movie. The problem is, that the DVD-R is played by WinDVD and my PS2 without problems, there are 2 audios and 3 subtitles, as I wanted it. But my standalone Pioneer DV 454 doen't accept the DVD. It says "Disc can not be loaded". Is there maybe a problem with the DVD-R? I used Primeon DVD-R, a cheap 1x DVD-R, maybe the 454 doesn't accept them? Or have I made other mistakes? But in that case my PS2, which normally is quite restrictiv with copied games and only accepts a few brands, wouldn' t play the disc. Has anybody an idea?

Regards,
    Theo
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I used Primeon DVD-R, a cheap 1x DVD-R, maybe the 454 doesn't accept them?"

Check your standalone's capabilities at:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• BigTheo
      • Nov 2002

Thanks for the Link, but I didn't find any new information. The player should read DVD-R/RW, that is what Pioneer says. There are no infos about the DVD-R I used (Primeon), but someone said that the player doesn't like DVD-R burnt with Nero. I will try RecordNow and Verbatim, maybe that will work better.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the Link"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• nickyct
          • Sep 2002

Most of the disc that I burnt on my DVR104 with Nero 5.5 played on virtualy almost DVD players (Except Phillips the player tend to be a little picky on the media)

Are you sure you have all the files that it needs for it to work on stand alone DVD. Just because you burn it sucessfully doesn't mean that you burn it right. (I experience that myself)

On nero 5.5 wizard will tell you if the files are missing.
          I rip mine with DVDdecrypter and use IFOedit to get rid of all the menu and choose the audio track that I want. So far I haven't made one bad disc yet and I burnt close to 30 discs by now.

Comment

• BigTheo
            • Nov 2002

It is definitely a problem in Nero. Yesterday I burned the same files with the same brand of DVD-R, instead of Nero I used Instant DVD, and the copy works very well in my Pioneer DV 454. It seems Nero is just not compatible with my Pio, I tried the Nero DVD-R on 3 different standalones, PS2, 2 PCs and it played, only on my Pio and an unmodified XBox with Movie Kit it doesn't work. So for the future I will use Instant DVD, it is better (at least for me).
            Thanks for your help,
            regards,
            Theo

Comment

Working...