Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metswin41
    • Dec 2002

Newbie needing help

Well, I think I ripped my first dvd. Not sure because I can't Nero to do what it is suppose to do.

Nero version:
    5.5.9.17 demo

Burner:
    Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-M1612

Start Nero and I can't check off the DVD button for DVD. The only button usable is for CD. Is this my prob.? Do I need a diff. version of Nero and if so, where should I get it? Do I need to change the region on the DVD Burner? The Burner gives me 4 region changes. Don't want to burn out by burner with changes. If I change the region, what do I change it to and will it stay in that region?

As for the dvd I think I ripped. How can I tell if I did it right outside of burning it.

Many Thanks,
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"As for the dvd I think I ripped. How can I tell if I did it right outside of burning it."

Try playing it (As a DVD, NOT simply playing individual .VOBs) from your hard drive with a current version of either WinDVD or PowerDVD...

Comment

• metswin41
      • Dec 2002

"Try playing it (As a DVD, NOT simply playing individual .VOBs) from your hard drive with a current version of either WinDVD or PowerDVD..."

did that and the audio does not match the video. back to the drawing board.

I used: paul grimes step-by-step intructions

What do I do about the Nero thing?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

From the Ahead (NERO publisher) website, about v.5.5.xxx:

"Nero InfoTool

Nero InfoTool is a utility to anaylse and dispay the most important information about:

drive basic information such as the firmware version, buffer size, serial number and the manufacturing date. The DVD Features section shows the current region status.
        disc If you have inserted a CD-R or CD-RW disc you can see the manufacturer of the disc
        configuration shows information about the hardware setup and also the most important settings such as DMA.
        software Here you can see the name and version of the operating system, ASPI manager and recording applications.

All of the information can also be printed or saved as a text file."

If you use this included tool, does it show any information about your burner in the "DVD Features" section?

Have you successfully used your DVD burner for any process(es) with software other than NERO?

Does your system recognize your DVD burner? If not, you haven't properly installed it...

Comment

Working...