Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kdiaz
    • Dec 2001

Burning mpeg with nero

I wanted to know how I would go about burning an mpeg file with nero. Normally I would use VCD for this but, this isn't my usual one hour TV show, it's a full movie. I was able to create the mpeg joined with wav through TMPGEnc v2.59, but now I just want to burn it onto a dvd.

Is there any specific way to do this?
  • kdiaz
    • Dec 2001

does anyone know, or have an idea?

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

In Nero, when you open it up the wizard usually pops-up (unless you have it turned off) you can select whether you want to make a "CD" or "DD CD" or finally "DVD". Simply select dvd and then make vcd. Certain dvd players can play so-called "dvd-vcd" and dvd-svcd's. This is what I assume you are trying to create. For info if your dvd can play this, visit www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers to see what media your dvd standalone can play.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• kdiaz
        • Dec 2001

My DVD player is the apex 5131, and I know that it can play VCDs, I've been playing them since I've bought it. My problem is after all the work I put into getting a movie that's too big to fit into the 4500 mark of a blank DVD....I can't figure on how to burn it exactly. The usual UDF/ISO didn't work.

Comment

• kdiaz
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by gd_nimrod
          In Nero, when you open it up the wizard usually pops-up (unless you have it turned off) you can select whether you want to make a "CD" or "DD CD" or finally "DVD". Simply select dvd and then make vcd. Certain dvd players can play so-called "dvd-vcd" and dvd-svcd's. This is what I assume you are trying to create. For info if your dvd can play this, visit www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers to see what media your dvd standalone can play.

I tried this out and found that after selecting "DVD", there is no option for "VCD". It just gives me "compile new dvd" or "copy a dvd". After selecting the compile a new dvd option, the next screen gives me "data DVD" or "other DVD formats". After choosing "other DVD formats" it only gives me the option for "DVD Video", or "create a DVD from an image file". Is there another way to burn this mpeg I have to where my dvd player can read it?

Thanks!
          Last edited by kdiaz; 1 Jan 2003, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...