X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwg
    • Jan 2003

Getting Rempeg to work

Hi,

I tried to follow the guide by Paul Grimes to backup my copy of Lord of the Rings and everything went fine until I got to the point where I had to use Rempeg because the file size was over 4.5GB. I followed his instructions and whenever I opened the file, the log would never start up. I waited for 45 minutes and nothing ever happened. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to work or is there something else I can use instead of Rempeg? Thanks.
  • LineMonkey
    • Jan 2003

there's a guide here that might help

Comment

• Dsquorpion
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

the cffl file is just a notepad,
      try and cut and copy this to a notepad in ur C:\\video_ts file u created
      be sure and type in however many vob files u have

CFFL
      C:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
      C:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
      C:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
      C:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB
      C:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB

keep me posted

Comment

• swanside1
        • Jan 2002

Re

What did you put in the file, or what was the content of the file you tried to start up?

Comment

• msuc5vette
          • Dec 2002

I opened my IFO files in IfoEdit and then used "Tools"-->"Creat ReMPEG2 cffl" then ran that file in ReMPEG

I find it easier that way.

Comment

• jwg
            • Jan 2003

I have gotten ReMPEG to work now and I have burned 2 DVD's that were larger than 4.3 GB, but at the beginning of the movies, the picture is kind of choppy for about 7-8 minutes, then everything is fine. The 2 movies are Star Wars 2 and 40 Days and 40 Nights. Could there be a problem with setting the bitrate? I know on Star Wars, the calculation I did came out to 56%, so I set the bitrate at 52% so the file wouldn't be too large. Could this cause the problem in the beginning with the picture jumping and not looking right, or is it something else? Whenever I burn a DVD that isn't larger than 4.3 GB, then it turns out fine. Someone please help me out.

Comment

Working...