Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikegett
    • Jan 2003

primo dvd with a sony dru-500a (help)

I recently purchased the sony dru-500A. I am pretty pleased but can not get it to show up as a compatible drive in primo dvd software. i was wandering if anyone is familiar with this software or if there would be a reason why it would not see the drive. thank you for the help. PS. this is a cool forum.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you had the software installed on your system before getting the burner, try uninstalling the software, rebooting (cold), reinstalling the software, and rebooting.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• mikegett
      • Jan 2003

thanks but no luck

I tried what suggested but it just won't see the drive. I am pretty unfamiliar with the primo. It refers to all my other drives as scsi. They are internal ide drives so why would they be showing up as a scsi interface? Is there a difference between the two? Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

is your Sony an internal drive or an external firewire drive?

Comment

• mikegett
          • Jan 2003

It is a internal ide drive.

Comment

• ebina
            • Apr 2002

PrimoDVD will not recognize the Sony because the Sony is too new.

PrimoDVD was sold and is now called RecordNow Max. I got a demo version of it with my Sony. It also doesn't recognize the Sony. I e-mailed the company (storesales@stompinc.com) to ask how to get it to recognize my Sony, this is what they replied on 10/23/2002:

"We will be rolling out a new version of RecordNow Max version 4.5 that will offer support for that Sony drive. The new version will be available in about a month."

Checking their website (http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax/index.phtml?stp) I see that 4.5 is now out. They list the Sony as a supported drive. I suggest you try their free 30 day trial first. The web page claims you can upgrade from PrimoDVD 2.0 for $24 ($34 if you want them to mail you a CD).

Personally, I returned the Sony drive and bought a Pioneer. Good luck.

Comment

• mikegett
              • Jan 2003

thanks for the help!

I appreciate the help. I will try the software in a few days.

Comment

Working...