Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklzfan
    • Nov 2001

nero not recognizing pioneer a05 burner

I recently purchase the Pioneer DVR-A05U burner but my version of Nero (5.5.8.2) is not recognizing it. The wizard does not let me choose DVD. Do I need to update the firmware for the burner (to version 1.21) or do I need to update my version of nero (to 5.5.10)?

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Did the burner come with any software? Does THAT software recognize the burner?

If not, contact Pioneer...

If you've PURCHASED NERO, you should also contact the author/seller "Ahead Software" to inquire about compatibility...

Comment

• picklzfan
      • Nov 2001

Thanks setarip. Easy CD Creator 5 basic came with the burner but the only choice for layouts is DVD data. Don't I need Nero to create a DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) format so it came be read by my home DVD player?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Now that we've determined that your drive is RECOGNIZABLE, I would once again suggest that, if you've PURCHASED NERO, you should also contact the author/seller "Ahead Software" to inquire about compatibility.

You should also check to see if your hunch might be correct about simply updating your version of NERO...

(At the NERO homepage the following Pioneer DVD and CD burners are listed as being supported:
        DVD-RW DVR-103 IDE/ATAPI 2xDVD 8x4x24x
        DVD-RW DVR-104 IDE/ATAPI 2xDVD 8x4x24x
        DVD/CDRW DCR-111 IDE/ATAPI 12x8x40)

Based on its description, this program MAY solve your problem:

ImgTool 0.99.8 released - a tool that will burn your DVD root directories to DVD-R using the Nero-API routines.

To find it, just click on the link to DVD Digest, at the top of this page - and then scroll down to January 3 listings of new software for download...
        Last edited by setarip; 7 Jan 2003, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• picklzfan
          • Nov 2001

Thanks again setarip. I checked Nero's website again this morning and it looks like I need version 5.5.8.9 or higher so I do need to upgrade my version. They didn't have my burner listed last night but they must have added it. I will also try ImgTool.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks again setarip."

Once again, my pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...