X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bay101
    • Feb 2003

Joining VOB problem!!!

i have use vobedit to merge vob file
    when i play back this file, i normally get a few pixelated scene at the check point where the join is. only few second but it is annoying

Is there ne fine solution for this
  • slig
    • Dec 2002

Try to demux these 2 vob files. then merge separately video and audio. then multiplex in tmpg encoder or scenarist. By the way, do you have a commercial dvd title, or you have made your own ?

Comment

• bay101
      • Feb 2003

those vob are cutting scene from commercial dvd

ne way i had another problem, well trying to join 5 vob files ( all chop from the cmmercial dvd

1st i use vobedit to join them together ( give me 2 vob files quite big)
      then i use ifoedit to creat new ifo file but when i load this ifo file
      the whole movie only 29 mins. i expected to be about 1.30hr

what really is the problem here you know

Comment

• ebina
        • Apr 2002

I would bet that the tool you used to take clips from VOBs messed up. What did you use?

Also, when joining the clips in VobEdit did you use 'Join CellVOB Files' or 'Join Clips'? This is important because only Join Clips will renumber your VOB IDs, and depending where in the movie you took your clips, two clips could have the same VOB ID and Cell ID. This overlap could cause IfoEdit to mess up when creating IFO files.

Comment

• bay101
          • Feb 2003

i use chopperxp to chop partial of the original vob
          (bit from here and bit from there)

then i use vobedit to join them ( using clip join - leave everything default, only enter the id from the first vob)

and the result was described in previous post

Comment

• slig
            • Dec 2002

why don't you follow the way i offered you in my previous posting? I didn't like chopper xp - it has bugs. These easy to use progs always do something wrong. try to separate video and audio and then merge video and audio separately and then multiplex video with audio. I can offer you another (rather masochistic) method of chopping the file using vstrip (it doesn't have the timeline and cuts data by sectors - so all you have to know is the starting sector and end sector).
            Or maybe you need not only video and audio but subtitles and so on? You don't want to create new ifo's ? So say it.

Comment

• bay101
              • Feb 2003

thank man

chopperxp does actually screw up my vob. after stripping with it
              my result vob, doesnt have ne ID so i cant join them or load them with ifoedit

yeah may be i have to try vstrip. i personally dont like the idea of separating video and audio (no reason)

Comment

• arnolds
                • May 2003

Originally posted by bay101
                thank man

chopperxp does actually screw up my vob. after stripping with it
                my result vob, doesnt have ne ID so i cant join them or load them with ifoedit

yeah may be i have to try vstrip. i personally dont like the idea of separating video and audio (no reason)

The new version of Chopper XP doesn't have these problems. It worked with Vobedit for me.

Comment

Working...