X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bay101
    • Feb 2003

what is best merge software for vob!!!

Hi all

I love to collect song from different dvd, since most of dvd aint contains all good song

ne way, i start with cutting out the song using chopperxp
    then merge them with vobedit.

However i dont get a fine final copy, always get pixelated scene at the joining points (when i playback the result vob)

what would be best way to get a fine merged vob from small ones

thank
  • ebina
    • Apr 2002

Again, I think you need a different VOB cutter than chopperxp.

I say this because I've cut and merged lots of VOBs with VobEdit and never saw pixilation at the joins.

I did my cutting with VobEdit, but you probably want something with a better interface for cutting.

If you care, here is how I cut with VobEdit:

First I split the Vob to one file per cell by using the demux cells option. Then I play the cell in any player
    that gives frame level resolution and find the frame I want to cut at.

If you aren't going to decode and recode the mpeg you can only get good cut and join if you cut on keyframes, which is where I suspect chopperxp is messing you up. Anyway, open the file you want to split, and locate the keyframe nearest to the frame you want to cut on. This is where you will want a better interface, but it isn't really too hard, just look at the Navigation packs. Once you find the keyframe you want to cut, increase the cell number of that frame by one. Now demux cells on the modified file. You will get three cells, everything before your keyframe, your keyframe, and everything after your keyframe. Use the parts you want, toss the rest and remerge your cells.

Comment

• bay101
      • Feb 2003

what if i want to merge different piece of vob from different source
      would i do the same on each of original vob
      just say

i have dvd1 with vob1
      and dvd2 with vob2

and i want merge a piece from vob1 with the one in vob2

i would have to perform each step for both right

thank

Comment

• bay101
        • Feb 2003

I just try to open my original vob with vobedit
        how do i get to the frame i want to cut. there is no playback so how would i know which and where exactly it is

sorry i m just newbie in dvd stuff
        may be there might be some tutorial or stepthru guide for splitting using vobedit
        Last edited by bay101; 8 Feb 2003, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• ebina
          • Apr 2002

For pieces of VOBs from different DVDs:

demux the VOB from DVD1 into cells, find the cell(s) you need to edit and do so with VobEdit, then remerge your edited
          cells.

Do the save for the VOB from DVD2.

Now merge the different VOBs. With different VOB IDs.

As I said in my reply above, you need to play the VOB in some player that gives frame level resolution, and has a frame count to determine your edit frames.

Once you know your edit point, look at your VOB in VobEdit. Each Navigation Pack will have a field for Cell Elapsed time that looks like this (00:00:00.00 / 30 fps) this is hours:minutes:seconds.frame at 30 frames per second.

I don't know of a guide for cutting VObs with VobEdit because there is no user interface for it.

Comment

• bay101
            • Feb 2003

what sort of player that give the information on frame level resolution

also when you know the frame
            how do you chop of the unwanted in vobedit

Comment

• ebina
              • Apr 2002

Sorry to sound grumpy, but did you read all of what I already posted? In my first reply, "Once you find the keyframe you want to cut, increase the cell number of that frame by one. Now demux cells on the modified file. You will get three cells, everything before your keyframe, your keyframe, and everything after your keyframe. Use the parts you want, toss the rest."

I play the vob in mpeg-vcr for frame information. A quick check shows that both PowerDVD and TMPGEnc only give second level information, but it is easy to count off the 30 frames per second while pressing the step forward button, so you could use those. I'd bet any program that plays VOB files would work.

Ok, look, as I said in my original reply splitting VOBs in VobEdit is hard because there is no proper interface.
              I'm not planning on writing a detailed step-by-step guide. I think you would be better off with one of the tools mentioned at this site:

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article

Comment

• bay101
                • Feb 2003

hope do you dont mind i ask more question

how do you step up the cell number by one
                in vobedit bside the key function on top menu there isnt ne other editor like right-click and select ( if you know what i meant )

thank for trying to help

Comment

• ebina
                  • Apr 2002

Ahhh. Yeah the interface isn't much. Double click on any item in the right side pane to edit it. Find the cell number field, double-click it and enter the new cell number.

Warning: VobEdit immediately saves the new edited VOB over the original. Back up your VOB before editing!

Comment

• bay101
                    • Feb 2003

cell number? what is it indicated as
                    i couldnt find it ne where

i can only see cell number if navigated pack is selected on the right handside.

other than that if i select ne frame (with film-icon) i could not find ne cell number for them

Comment

• ebina
                      • Apr 2002

All the video packets after one navigation pack and before the next are a single unit, and you can't split it. (At least I don't know how to).

Sorry.

Comment

• kirusshna
                        • Apr 2003

HI,

I have five cells after demuxing a VOB file .. Now i deleted two of the cells ..

How do i join the other three vobs and use it with the original vob..

I tried the join vobfiles menu, and did not do anything when i saved after selecting the first cell ..

what am i missing ?

thanks

Comment

Working...