X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juanchankein
    • Jun 2002

movie only

i wanted to back up my copy of lilo & stich,
    now the movie occupies only 3.9 Gb, but there are two trailers at the begining of the dvd that take 2 gbs making it impossible to copy it in a single Dvd-R, how do i strip these trailers and keep only the movie?
    i tried moving the movie-only Vobs and Ifos to another directory and play the Dvd, but as soon as the trailers part were about to start i got a Illegal Navigation sign,
    can someone help me?
    thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) In a separate folder, create zero byte .VOB files with the same names as each of the .VOBs you are NOT going to include in your DVD burn

2) If you are using NERO to burn, drag and drop ALL of the .IFOs and .BUPs into a "Video_ts" folder

3) Drag and drop the movie .VOBs into the same folder

4) Drag and drop the zero byte .VOB files into the same folder

5) Burn

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• juanchankein
      • Jun 2002

i created the Vob 0-bite files and dragged them into another folder (with the movie-onky files), then i moved the ifos and bups into this folder and tested it, instead of the illegal command, the screen went black and i couldnt do anything more,
      also, im using NeoDvd Standard to burn the dvds...
      what i am doing wrong?
      thanks for your help

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Try IFOEDIT to strip out unwanted components of a dvd, check out the dvd backup guides at doom9.org

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If, for example, the movie .VOBs are VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, and VTS_01_4.VOB, make certain to copy the REAL VTS_01_0.VOB as well...

Comment

• juanchankein
            • Jun 2002

i dragged the movie-only real vobs, ifos and bups, i also dragged the real VTS_01_0.VOB to the same folder and created the vobs of the trailer that i dont want to include in the dvd-r that make the whole file so big and putted them in the same folder as the movie.only files, then i dragged the real ifos and bups of those trailers into the same folder, but when i use the dvd play feature in ifoedit, at the moment the trailers are about to begin, the screen goes black and stays t hat way, i couldnt do anything more, so can you help me?
            thanks

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

There is absolutely NO REASON to use IfoEdit with the procedures I've detailed.

To test, use NERO to burn to a DVD R/W.
              Use "ISO/UDF" and NOT "Video". Drag and drop the new Video_ts folder into the left side window.
              Have NERO create an Audio_ts folder.
              Burn the DVD R/W

Comment

• juanchankein
                • Jun 2002

tried it your way and didnt work, i also tried using ifoedit to strip the vob files of the trailers i didnt want, and encontered an illegal navigation warning,
                thanks anyway

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"tried it your way and didnt work"

Sorry (and perplexed) to hear that, as it's worked for me many times...

Hope you find a resolution to your dilemma ;>}

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

Search the doom9.org forum, the "illegal navigation error" in IFOEDIT is a common one, here are some threads:

and checkout the ifoedit website at www.ifoedit.com

Comment

Working...