Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roget168
    • Mar 2003

Unable to Create img file using infoedit

I'm trying to copy a dvd, and was successful in using dvd decrypter in ripping the data onto my harddrive. However, I'm not able to create an img file using infoedit 9.1. Help...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the ENTIRE DVD is 4.37Gigs or less, there's no need to use IfoEdit

Simply use DVDDecrypter in the "ISO" mode instead of the "File" mode

Select "Read" (as incongruous as that sounds) to both decrypt the DVD and write it to your hard drive as an .ISO (image) file.

Put a DVD-R into your burner and once again use DVDDecrypter in the "ISO" mode

Select "Write" to burn the image to your DVD-R

Comment

• Roget168
      • Mar 2003

Unable to play in Sony DVD player

Hi Setarip:

Thanks for the advice, I was able to burned the movie, however, it will not play in my Sony DVD player. I am able to view it using my computer with PowerDVD. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Is it by any chance a wonderful Sony DVP-S360 - the pickiest standalone DVD player in the world?

If it is (or another model of the same 2-3 years ago vintage), it probably "doesn't like" the brand of DVD-R you're using.

One of my standalones IS the 360, and I've found that it readily accepts both Maxell (expensive) and Meritline (very inexpensive) CD-Rs.

I couldn't help but notice that you say, "I was able to burned the movie". I hope you mean the ENTIRE DVD as an ISO image file that you created with DVDDecrypter...

Comment

• Roget168
          • Mar 2003

Sony DVD

Hi Setarip:

I tried it on my newer Sony DVD player, it played fine, so I'm thinking the older player just can't play DVD-R. Thanks for all your help.

Btw, do you have any suggestion fixing the problem of creating img file? In case I need to copy a DVD that is bigger than 4.37 GB.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...