Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude2003
    • Mar 2003

2 svcd to 1 dvd-r

i really need help. when i say that i am a newbie i mean i don't know Jack. i am using the o/s xp (but i have no programs at all,(i erased everything(that's another thread),(i have downloaded dvd decrypter,dvd2avi,tmpg). I have a sony dru- 500ax dvd burner. I found the thread about 2 svcd to dvdr here it is cut and paste:

1. Copy the MPG files from the (s)vcd discs.
    2. OPEN the tool DVD2AVI
    3. Within DVD2AVI select the MPG files
    4. Within DVD2AVI do PREVIEW (note the framerate)
    5. Within DVD2AVI hit ESC
    6.Within DVD2AVI do SAVE PROJECT (This takes appr. 5 minutes)
    7. Now you have TWO files (*.d2v and *.mpa)
    8. EXIT DVD2AVI

9.OPEN the tool TMPGenc
    10. Select the *.d2v file as VIDEO INPUT
    11. Select the *.mpa file as AUDIO INPUT
    12. LOAD the DVD template
    13. Select a name for the output file.
    14. Hit START and the decoding begins (takes from 2 to 5 hours)

15. Clear all the fields
    16. Go to FILE/MPG TOOLS/SIMPLE DE-Multiplex
    17. Select as INPUT the filename from step 13
    18. This Splits up the MPG file in a *.mp2 file and a video file
    19. go to the main screen
    20. LOAD the UNLOCK file from the subdirectory
    21. Select as INPUT the *.mp2 file
    22. Select AUDIO ONLY
    23. Select SETTINGS and make sure the birtare is 48khz
    24. Set the output file as *.mpa

25. Open up you DVD Tool
    26. Open the video file (result from step 16)
    27. Open the *.mpa file
    28. BURN the DVD!!!!

NOW... HERE IS THE PROBLEM

I am stuck on step one..
    1. Copy the MPG files from the (s)vcd discs
    how do you copy the mpg file? where do you save it to , do i out 1 svcd in the d drive and the other in the e drive?
    ..... i am just a step one... please help....
    Help mold my mind.. i am will to learn anything with help...
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****. I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Put your VCD disc or SVCD into your DVD drive.
    Open your windows explorer.
    Create a new folder at your C drive (eg. c:\temp)
    Explore your DVD drive content.

If VCD disc that you are inserted, than you will find something file with extension .DAT.

If SVCD disc that you are inserted, than you will find something file with extension .MPG.

Copy your *.DAT or *.MPG files into your C:\TEMP that you have created.

Rename your *.dat into *.mpg !

Then you are ready for your next Step.....
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Dude2003
      • Mar 2003

1. I put the svcd in the d drive (yeaaaah Me)
      2. open windows explorer and create a new folder.... ( is that my computer or from the start menu? (i am a very newbie) but again i am willing to learn.
      mold me
      If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****. I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.

Comment

• alcskid
        Movie Lovers
        • Jan 2003

From Start menu or from my computer just same......

...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Dude2003
          • Mar 2003

okay people...

I know that you guys fet asked this all the time.. but i honestly looked read through alot of post befor asking this again... I would like to take 2 svcd's and burn them to a dvdr so they can be played in a stand alone dvd player... As i mention all thime i am new to this and i am will to try everything ( but try to keep it simple, if there is such a thing.) again thank you in advance

Comment

• alcskid
            Movie Lovers
            • Jan 2003

Well honestly, you must check first your standalone DVD player compatibility. Cause most of standalone DVD player can not read DVD-R media. You asked Why ? well.....

You can read detail information here :

The official DVD FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions about DVD) of the Internet DVD newsgroups. The most comprehensive source of DVD technical information in the galaxy. By Jim Taylor.
            ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

Do you want to create an svcd dvd (downside is that not all standalone dvd players will recognize this, upside no video re-encoding required)

or do you want to re-encode the svcd to dvd?

Comment

• Dude2003
                • Mar 2003

Golly Gee Batman....

That is a excatly what i want to do... encode to read as a dvd.....do you know a (easy) way....well not as hard

Comment

• Dude2003
                  • Mar 2003

http://dvddemystified.com/

I have read the information from : http://dvddemystified.com/ and i really have a better understanding about dvd's

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

From your first post I assume you burned a movie on multiple svcd discs.

First step would be to download ISOBUSTER, in each SVCD cd you will see a MPEGAV folder which contains a *.mpg file, extract this file with ISOBUSTER [guide on extracting here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...7424#post47424]

To put SVCD's on dvd's without re-encoding look at this guide (You can put for instance about 2 svcd's on a dvd-r depending on length):

EDIT: This BETA software seems to be interesting, it seems to be able to do what I mentioned in the first link quicker and more easily:

====================================
                    If you want to re-encode to DVD (loss of quality possible)
                    After you have extracted all the necessary files you can encode them with an encoder such as TMPGEnc or CCE (read guides at dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org). In TMPGEnc you can simplify the process by selecting the NTSC DVD template. You can first join the svcd files together wtih TMPGENc (dvdrhelp.com merging guides) or join them after they have been encoded seperatley.

Finally, using a DVD burning program (I beleive your dvd burner would include something) such as NERO or RecordNOw Max burn the dvd (it will create the appropriate dvd structure).
                    Last edited by Batman; 22 Mar 2003, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Dude2003
                      • Mar 2003

thanx caped crusder

one last question before i try isbuster.... in order to be read by my dvdplayer as a dvd not a svcd on a dvdr i need to re encode..... if what i asked does not make sense.. sorry.. i read alot of stuff and i might be confusing things.... again thank for your time and patience....maybe in a few weeks i'll be answering questions for newbies

Comment

• Batman
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2002

Re: thanx caped crusder

Originally posted by Dude2003
                        .... in order to be read by my dvdplayer as a dvd not a svcd on a dvdr i need to re encode
                        When you create an svcd-dvd (the first procedure i mentioned) you do run the risk that it may not be playable on a standalone dvd player---there's a chance it may not work. It has worked on some dvd players but not all. The advantage of this option is that you can put more than one movie on a dvd-r, without having to re-encode (saves time).

If you create a dvd-r disc and your dvd player is a newer model it should work (though in some cases the authoring process affects playback).

Comment

• asing
                          • Mar 2003

Just curious, have you ever try play your SVCD disc with your standard DVD player? Because I know that some DVD player should be able to playback VCDs & SVCDs. Try that, if it works then you don't even have to do all of this. Good luck!

Comment

• Dude2003
                            • Mar 2003

that easy?

i wish.... i have an apex dvd player upstairs... it plays anything (including 8 tracks)(that was a joke) but downstairs it a dvd/ vcr combo... and they do'nt play.....HEY..... can any one tell me how to join to svcd... i know i know i keep askinf the same question diffrent ways

Comment

• Batman
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2002

Merge/cut guides

Comment

Working...