VCD on 4,7 DVD-R

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6point6
    • Apr 2003

and would Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 be good enough for this!
    and is it true you cant burn lets say a 300 mb vob as DVD on a CD-R! just need to know if that why my DVD wont take my tests!
    Last edited by 6point6; 11 Apr 2003, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
      • Mar 2003

yep. Just the ticket. Good guides on dvdrhelp.com for DVDMF2.

Comment

• 6point6
        • Apr 2003

many many thanx! and can you answer this please TIA!

>and is it true you cant burn lets say a 300 mb vob as DVD on a
        >CD-R! just need to know if that why my DVD wont take my tests!

cause i tested it on CD-R cause im first getting my DVD Recorder in 3-4 hours

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
          • Mar 2003

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/minidvd.htm tells you all about this. Very limited on compatability. I'd wait those hours & test with RW media.... Good luck. BTW, in DVDMF2 you can author to a VIDEO_TS folder. You can then point WINDVD at that folder to test b4 you burn (or even b4 you have a dvd burner!).

Comment

• 6point6
            • Apr 2003

i cant tell you how relived i am! im so glad im jumping up and down my chair!! Everytime my DVD came with its error i was getting so frustrated that i almost had throwned it out the window! 1.000.000.000 thanx goes to you! Thanx for ya time and im off to encode som VCD's! Btw i saw the function in TMPGEnc Plus under project wizard! DVD->NTSC (Low Resolution) thats just an VCD then with MPEG2 Encoding and 48khz?

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
              • Mar 2003

DVD->NTSC (Low Resolution) thats just an VCD then with MPEG2 Encoding and 48khz?
              don't know - sounds about right. Otherwise you could look at my tool - see sig.

Comment

• 6point6
                • Apr 2003

nice proggy! well yeah really nice. Shaggy baby! okay do you have a paypal account! so i can donate some bucks?
                if you have then please mail it to me on rw2002k@hotmail.com

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
                  • Mar 2003

Comment

• TheWolf
                    • Jan 2003

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but before anybody starts "toasting" expensiv DVD's let me resume:

DVD-Norm talks about 740x572(PAL) and 740x480(NTSC).
                    Any other resolutions may be accepted by any Authoring Prog, but that's not SURE! Therefore read that f....ing manual before starting.
                    If the Authoring-Prog does only accept the above resolutions, I do the following (if my source is an avi-movie):

1. Locate the resolution from your avi-movie (i.e. with Media-Player) and write it down.
                    2. Make an MPEG2-Movie with TMPEGEnc but holding the original resolution! I'll use the DVD-Template but change the resolution to that from Pt.1
                    3. Use DVD Patcher to change the resolution inside the MPEG-Movie to 720x572 or 720x480.
                    4. Authoring the Movie or two if they are small anough, with building a menue if necessary. This will build your AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS-folder. If you take a look (preview) inside the authoring prog you'll see terrible pictures. That's because we patched the resolution but it doesn't matter at the moment!
                    5. Use DVD Pather to change the resolution back to the original of the MPEG-Movie (therefore we wrote it down)
                    6. Burn AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. A good Authoring Prog should do this also for you.

Why all these steps? If you build an MPEG from your avi-Movie with changing the resolution to the DVD-Resolution, your MPEG-Movie will become real large (of course) but I think you won't see any positive changes between the smaller AVI and the greater DVD-MPEG.
                    So why not produce an DVD with an resolution that any TV and DVD-Player could handle?

My last project doing all these steps brought "men in black" -both films- with a menu to one DVD-R!

So, good luck to all!

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
                      • Mar 2003

TheWolf: 6point6's question is about VCDs (not AVIs). VCD resolution is the same as the half D1 DVD specification (352 x nnn) and so is accepted by most dvd authoring packages. Audio just has to be 48Khz. No patching is required here (unless you are using authoring software which will only accept full D1 dvd assets)

Comment

• 6point6
                        • Apr 2003

eh

Is there a way to implent subs from the DVD as selectable for the VCD (which is ripped from the same DVD)

Comment

Working...