Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bill343
    • Jan 2002

Ok I need help....

i have a panasonic LF 311 burner. I was under the impression that you could just burn the VOB files ant the disc woould be read. Obviously I was wrong. I used smartripper, created a video_ts file. Removed the spanish and French tracks to lower the size. I use Nero dvd to burn and I have really nothing now. I have a coaster withVOB files on it. How do I get the VOB files ontoa disc that will play on my dvd home player?
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

ur help has arrived

okay okay okay ill show yall how its done
    Ive looked for long ENOUGH u guys need help and yall need it bad

okay first off use smart ripper(well aint nothing wrong with the other ones but this is what i use) make sure u do BACKUP instead of movie, then it will back it up to a video ts blah blah blah for you

THEN

you got to get a program called ifo editor

see this is where the problem comes in when u burn to dvd the ifo file is sorta like a police man it tells the dvd player (which looks for it by default) if u want the first part of the movie go here if not skip here oh chater 5? over there secter 100:000000 so on and so on, when u burn to a dvd-r u keep the exact same ifo file but when u try to make the files squeeze on a 4.7 gig disk the location of the file changes and when the . ifo file tells the dvd player to look for a movie file there it aint theree no more so u get disk error get it? got it? goooood

so not that u have the video ts file on your computer delete out the files that u dont want, and there will be, becuase one will be wide screen and the other will be full screen getting rid of one of those will make it fit and if u arent sure which ones to look for goto widows media player and play each VOB!!!!!! file and seek and destroy

once u have that done get some burner software that will let u use the udf format 1.02 i good enuff

then u burn the exact copy if the foler file to the dvd and voila the dvd will play like its all gravy its a bit rusty of an explaination i know but i really gotta take a crap!!!!

good luck

Comment

• bill343
      • Jan 2002

AH...Wait...

Ok I used smart ripper, and chose back up. Now the vo files equal 8+ gigs, when they were only 3.4 gigs before. Now i can't do anything witht hem. How do I get around this and get ti to burn on a dvd r that will play on my standalone player?I already removed the subtitles andother languages.

Comment

• bill343
        • Jan 2002

AH...Wait...

Ok I used smart ripper, and chose back up. Now the vo files equal 8+ gigs, when they were only 3.4 gigs before. Now i can't do anything witht hem. How do I get around this and get ti to burn on a dvd r that will play on my standalone player?I already removed the subtitles andother languages.

Comment

• bill343
          • Jan 2002

AH...Wait...

Comment

• vic102482
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jan 2002

u must read thouroughly

okay no movie is ever 8 gigs that is obviouly wide screen and letterbox, so you are gonna have to go into that vidoe \_ts folder search and destroy(delete), that should lower your size to under 4.7 seven gigs, remeber, open each file individually and choose the ones you want, they have movie trailers and all that crap in there so delete all that pluse there are 2 versions of the movie widescreen letterbox, make sure u choose the one u want and delete the other 9 gig = 4 hours of video, even gladiator wasnt that long, so delete that --important!!!-- repoint the ifo file using ifo editor, and then burn using nero and u should be good to go.

Comment

• bill343
              • Jan 2002

Ok, I am a little lost on the repointing.

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this stuff. I do have another question. What do you mean by repointing the IFO editor?
              Thanks

Comment

Working...