Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redneckokie
    • Apr 2003

Trying to make one usable disc for stand alone player

I am trying to get one, just one burned DVD to play in my Panasonic rp-62. I have been through about 10 blanks this weekend all of which will play in the computer DVD.

I have my files already to burn, I used ShrinkDVD, all of my files are in VIDEO_TS. I have used RecordNowMax, Nero 5.5.10.20, Img .99, InstantCD/DVD.

I have tried UDF, UDF/ISO, DVD video, turned off enable joiliett 9960 in Img tools when I used it.

All the DVD's just spin and spin. I thought I'd figured it out once with RecordNowMax, I put the DVD in, it actually said 11 chapters, played the logo and then stopped and wouldn't do anything more.

The only way that I have been able to get a usuable DVD to play in the stand alone is to use any of the above programs, burn the DVD on to a DVD+RW, then use DVDXCopy to copy it, then burn it with the default burner in DXC. Those play fine. I could keep doing it that way but first I like to cut out the unnessecary steps, and two it's VERY frustrating to not be able to figure out the problem!

I am using an HP200i, firmware 1.51, and the HP compatibility program.

Please help!!

Thanks, Gary
  • mrbig
    • Mar 2003

Are you including an AUDIO_TS folder? Some players wont recognize a dvd w/o it.

Comment

• swanside1
      • Jan 2002

Re

Oh dear, what a problem, It can be frustrating when they work in your PC, but the DVD spits them back at you.

What media are you using, speed and generation?

In the ISO tab in nero, have you unticked everything, that is, when something is ticked, you get the compatibility warning in the lower box?

What method do you use to copy your DVD, i.e. do you rip it first with a software ripper and then just burn it back, or do you check the IFO Sectors? or are you using a software package to do the whole disc?

Let me have more info on the above questions, and maybe we can get it working.
      Also, will they work in a PS2?

If you check out my guide at the bottom of this page, that may help you.

Comment

• Ima_Noone
        • Apr 2003

stand alone

I'm a newbe, but what I have been doing with great success is to use DVDsrink encode using custom streams. Then use IMGTOOL to burn DVD. I have done about 15 movies and have had good results.

Comment

Working...