Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mraghvani
    • May 2003

VOB files

Please help , I confused as to no one can explain how to create a single DVD using extracted VOB files from various other DVD's. ie I want to create a DVD which has various Dolby digital clips to a single DVD. I have used IFoEdit and created a DVD but would like to know how I can create a menu which allows me to watch the whole movie and then skip onto the next chapter. Maybe theres some software that can help. Thanks in advance
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Make your life easy - Download the new, easy-to-use TMPGEnc DVD Author.

A 30 day trial version of this commercial software is available by clicking on the DVDR Digest link at the top of this page...

Comment

• mraghvani
      • May 2003

Thanks for the info, but I have it already and it only burns upto to a max of 4.7GB. The funny thing is if I use VobEdit to merge more than 6 VOB files then when using TMPG DVD author, the software will only accept the first 6 VOB files. Because my files are at 7.5GB I was thinking of burning it to the Hard drive then split it onto 2 DVD-R's. So whats my next option or is it due the software being a trial version.

Comment

• royrose
        • Apr 2003

My understanding is that 4.7 GB is the maximum capacity of recordable DVDs. The only way you could get your entire video on one DVD would be to reencode it to a lower bitrate which unfortunately would lower the video quality.

Roy

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) Create your over-sized DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author

2) Compress with either DVD2One, DVD95Copy, or (freeware) DVDShrink...

"is it due the software being a trial version."

Definitely not. The ONLY restriction of the trial version is that it expires in thirty days. It is FULLY functional, with nothing "crippled"...
          Last edited by setarip; 5 May 2003, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• mraghvani
            • May 2003

Thanks Setarip but this really degrades the quality of the DV captured files. I think for the present time I will have to have it burned onto 2 DVD-Rs. Out of curosity has anyone tried writing to dual layered or double sided DVD disk yet ?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"has anyone tried writing to dual layered or double sided DVD disk yet ?"

1) The burners that we "mere mortals" have available to us are not capable of burning DOUBLE-LAYERED, single sided DVDs (known as "DVD 9s")

2) There is nothing inherently special about DOUBLE-SIDED, single layer DVDs (known as "flippers"). These are, essentially, two single-layered, single-sided DVDs (known as "DVD 5s") glued back-to-back

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"how to create a single DVD using extracted VOB files from various other DVD's."

"Thanks Setarip but this really degrades the quality of the DV captured files."

These are two distinctly DIFFERENT things. Which do you want to address?????????

Comment

• mraghvani
                  • May 2003

I have been experimenting with different software to create my DVD's with specific VOB files, therefore for the time being I am happy. Thanks to all those who helped me out !

Comment

Working...