Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sfxx25
    • May 2003

Divx-2-DVD Help!

can anybody reccommend me some software to convert Divx 2 DVD. i have tryed TMPEGenc and the sound goes fuzzy. anybody got ne suggestions
  • BigfootDT
    • May 2003

Use Virtual Dub (freeware/shareware) to sperate the audio before you use tmpeg to encode the divx video to the mpeg2 DVD format. While the divx will usually encode without seperating the audio first you get a much better result this way.
    Also depending on the sound track used you might have to use a program called headache-ac3 to rip the audio. The best way to tell if you need to use this one is to simply click on the file properties once the file is loaded into virtual dub. If the audio comes up as unknown formate it is usually AC3.

The use tmpeg's new authoring program (trial version) to make the vob files.

Comment

• BigfootDT
      • May 2003

Opps forget to mention that you should probably use the audio option on Tmpeg to boost the volume by about 200-250%.
      I always had to anyway when makeing VCD's.

Comment

• Sfxx25
        • May 2003

tryed that it don't work
        As i do dvd movie films and vcd movie files the sound goes out of sync and the audio half has finished before the visual half has
        ne other suggestion
        but thanx for your help bigfoot

Comment

• BigfootDT
          • May 2003

When you seperate the sound ot useing Virtual Dub DON'T change it to 48000. Leave it at 44100 Let Tmpag make that coversion. Also don't leave any of the options marked as original, in other word if it is already 16 bit stereo check the options anyway to make the wav file created 44100 16 bit stereo.

If you convert the sound to 48000 in virtual dub and then combine in tmpeg the sound always goes out of syn.

Don,t know if this is a quirk of Virtual Dub or not but you can covert to a lower sound formate but not higher eg 48000 to 44100 but not 44100 to 48000 without changeing the play length of the wav file made.

Comment

• mattgrant
            • Nov 2003

I've seen a product called Divx 2 DVD made by X-oom. It looks very simple and only costs £25 from PC World. I don't know how good it is though.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Does the ORIGINAL DivX-compressed .AVI playback properly regarding audio?

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• MrJingles
                • Sep 2003

I have spent a considerable amount of time looking at the process for converting a movie file from avi format to DVD format.

Sometimes a simple process will work for the conversion (Nero Vision Express is one example) but the main issue that I had was the audio and video out of sync on the final DVD.

After some help from setarip (identifying various tools and methods) I have finally been able to identify a process that is about 95% successful and produces an excellent quality DVD.

The process can be summarised as :

1. Identify the codecs & film details using AVIcodec

2. Extract the audio content using VirtualDubMod.

3. Re-encode the audio into DVD format using BeSweet, BeSweetGUI, SSRC and ac3fix.

4. Re-encode the video into DVD format using TMPGEnc.

5. Produce your DVD files using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

6. If the file is too big to fit on a DVD-R, then shrink to the correct size using DVD Shrink.

I have just produced this guide and you can view it on my website HERE.

Let me know how you get on!

Comment

• elaine.cole
                  • Apr 2004

After hours and days of frustration and waste of money, found the easiest and best way to convert avi to dvd, on recommendation of local pc shop, was to purchase German program Divx2dvd made by X-oom, cost me £24 from local company but obtainable worldwide from pcworld.com or downloading from X-oom. Provided the avi or mpeg is not corrupted, you have two choices in this program, one with menu or Direct (without menu) It also has Capture feature for camcorder etc. It takes around 1.5 hours, depending on size of movie to convert (encode)and burn. So easy, you just choose compression, which typical German translation is - good, better or best. This is because it expands the file you have opened and then has to compress again. Very good quality, cant fault it. Comes with DIVX Player and codec. I did have to download the xvid codec free as some avi would not convert until I did this. I found I needed it by opening avi file in program called G-Spot. (downloaded free) Hope this helps. Elaine

Comment

• elaine.cole
                    • Apr 2004

I could have mentioned this before - if you want to give converting avi's and mpeg's etc. a break, next time you are buying a standalone dvd player, go for the KISS 1000 DVD/DIVX Player. Its a small Danish player around £100 (probably cheaper in U.S.A.) It is multi region and will play almost anything, even cd's with your photos on. So, if you have a decent looking avi movie file that is less than 705MB, just burn it onto a cd and it will play in the KISS. If I have a file bigger than the standard CD, I just burn the movie onto a blank DVD-R, in fact, you can fit around 5 movies onto one DVD and it will play that fine as well - you pick what movie you want by presssing the chapter button. So you can store your avi's and mpegs as well as play them.It even has a zoom facility which is very nice, both for dvd and avi on cd, if you dont have a widescreen TV as I dont.

Comment

Working...