Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pietpaaltjes
    • Nov 2002

Making a good menu with TPMGenc DVD author

I have used TMPGEnc DVD Author for making video DVD's from my tv series recordings from digital satellite.
    The program is great but the generated menu could have been better.

There can be 7-14 episodes of a series per DVD. It would be great to make a custom DVD menu that looks somewhat better that the defaults that are in TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Can someone reccomend a better program or a helpfull tool to make the menu by hand

Thanks
  • WoLfGaNg1973
    • May 2003

I hear ya.. i just ued it last week for the first time. Worked like a charm but i did find the menu options a little lacking.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Actually, considering the fact that this is the initial release, the options aren't "terrible". I'm guessing that the next MAJOR release (not the recent PAl correction release) will include more menu templates.

I've made a suggestion that the author(s) consider making available a "template maker", so that those who've PURCHASED the program can create their own menu templates.

Comment

• pietpaaltjes
        • Nov 2002

A template editor would be a verry good Idea, but just beeing able to move the menubuttons would be a helpfull improvement.

Until the time they improve the menu's, does anyone knows a way to make the menu with an other program?

Thanks

Comment

• ray3d
          • Feb 2003

TMPGEnc DVD chapter procedures?

As you guys seem to understand this software, I wish to ask a beginner's question about it.

I am using the trial version of DVD Author. I can add tracks in "Source Setup", but when I go to "edit" a track and create chapters in "chapter cut edit", they do not appear in the "display chapter settings" window back in the "Create Menu" area.

I'm not sure if the chapter list is just a bunch markers, or separate mini clips in their own right.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To ray3d

The number of chapters reflected in that area actually has to do with the number of PAGES of chapters in the particular menu format you've selected.

If you wish to see the actual chapters (and the images, depending on the format you've selected), click on the "Next Page" UNDERNEATH the menu image (NOT IN the menu image) or click on the "Chapter" numbers in the lefthand window...

(The menu with the least limitations regarding chapters appears to be "Cloud")

Comment

Working...