Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarkMatter
    • Jun 2003

2 movie 2 menus one DVD, possible?

Is it possible to put the contents of 2 DVDs on one 1 DVD-R and have the menus work? I'm trying to back up my 6 Best of Beavis and Butt-Head DVDs and it seems a waste to put 6 75 minute animated VTS's on 6 DVD-Rs. I mean you don't really need 4.38 GB for just over an hour of crappily animated video. They compress quite nicely to 2.2 GB in DVD Shink but how do I combine 2 of them since they have seperate menus? I'd rather keep the menus than save 3 DVD's but there should be a way. Right? All I really need is a way to make a simple main menu that points to the original menu for each disc. How to do that is something else. I've got DVDit (SE) but it will only import MPEG files so there's no way to keep the ifos. I've been trying to think of a way that Ifoedit could help but can't really see any way.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you don't mind replacing (easily) the original two menus with a newly created menu allowing you to separately select each of two episodes per DVD, use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (not to be confused with "TMPGEnc"). Load each (all volumes of the episode, if applicable, into one track) episode as a new track...

Comment

• DarkMatter
      • Jun 2003

The problem is that there are up to 18 episodes per original disc plus fillers and the menus already there are animated. DVDit SE just won't handle 30+ items. I'm looking up TMPGEnc DVD Author now. I'll download it and try it out. I'm a little unclear on what you're telling me it will do. Will it let me keep the original menus and just create a new menu with 2 new points to those? Appreciate the help!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Will it let me keep the original menus and just create a new menu with 2 new points to those?"

No - That's why I said, "If you don't mind replacing (easily) the original two menus with a newly created menu allowing you to separately select each of two episodes per DVD..."

Comment

• DarkMatter
          • Jun 2003

HEY THANKS setarip!!!!

TMPGEnc's DVD Author kicks the crap out of DVDit and Power Director. While not allowing as much menu creation flexibility, it does accept program chains from DVD which none of big sellers offer. And as you said, it was exceedingly simple. It took less than 1 hour to be up, running, and confident with the program. (I still haven't really figured out DVDit's inane interface). Each original disc contained 2 relevant PGC's containing about 8 episodes per. I ended up with four "tracks" with each track having 8 chapters (episodes). All linked by a top menu. A little screen capturing and experimentation later and I have a perfect disc containing video that is over 3 hours and was originally 2 4 GB discs. My new menus, although not animated, look just as good as the originals.

Bigtime thanks.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"HEY THANKS setarip!!!!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• DarkMatter
              • Jun 2003

OK, small (emphasis on small) problem. I really want the main menu to be the first play item. I've spent hours putting these things together with 32 chapter points each with catchy phrases and screen capture. I want everyone to see my creation. Everything I've tried hasn't worked. The disc goes in-it begins to play all. You've got to hit "menu" to see it. I realize this seems trivial but there you have it.

Hey, thanks one mo' time setarip. Despite this minor problem and that DVD Author seems rather finicky about accepting files it should accept, it really is the best I've seen since my SpruceUp trial ran out. And that it takes nearly any MPEG video stream format ices the cake!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I really want the main menu to be the first play item."

In TMPGEnc DVD Author, when you're in the Menu mode, look toward the upper right portion of the screen. You'll see a box labelled "First Play Option". Click the down arrow to the right of the box and select "Display main menu"...

Comment

• DarkMatter
                  • Jun 2003

It's been pointed out to me that I'm not the brightest guy.

I guess it's true. I have no idea how I could have possibly missed that.
                  Thanks Dude!!!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Thanks Dude!!!"

My pleasure - "dude" ;>}

Comment

Working...