X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megalomando
    • Apr 2003

VHS into allinwonder Pro for DVD-R

Hi,

I just got an old allinwonder Pro but with no software or documentation and would like to use the TV in to copy a VHS tape to DVD.

I haven't installed the card yet (it's surely 3-4 years old I think with like 4-6 megs of ram) and I have a XP-pro system & AMD 2400 processor. I've got about 50 available gigs of NTFS drive.

I want to make the conversion as lossless as possible and don't know which software would be best. I don't want to make a VCD or SVCD but would like to make a standard VOB based DVD as this is a training video that needs to show a crisp & clear picture of fingers playing guitar.

I've got everything for DVD to DVD copy as well as DVD2one but to take the TV in & make a DVD from it with this salvaged allinwonder pro, I'm a complete newbie.

Suggestions of what software to get for this?

Thanks &
    Cheers,

Meg
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Suggestion : Just grab using VirtualDub with a HuffYUV lossless codec. After you have done it, then you can convert your avi file with TMPEGencoder or EOvideo or any DVD Authoring software to make VOB, and burn it to DVD-R using latest Nero Burn software.
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• kimomakano
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jun 2002

I agree, I have almost an identical setup and have had very good results. I bought my ATI All-In-Wonder card and initially used the capture software that came with it. VirtualDub does a much better job.

Comment

Working...