Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ban
    • Sep 2003

compression

I have 4 dv avi files at about 10 gig each. I want to fit them all on to one dvd and author with dvd architect.

I tried compressing them to divx files at about 680mb each - but when I drop them into dvd arch i'm still at the same gig size as the original incompressed video.

Any Suggestions greatly appreciated.
  • SaSi
    • Sep 2003

The DV encoded AVI files must be encoded into MPEG-2 before being used as assets for DVD.

I assume that 10Gb DV files should be fairly small files, so I don't expect you to have problems encoding them.

Try using Tmpgenc, Mainconcept or CCE Basic to do the encoding. Tmpgenc is perhaps your first best choice since you can try it for free.

Use the Tmpgenc DVD template that matches your video system (PAL/NTSC) and select single or dual pass VBR. I guess that an average bitrate of approx. 5Mbps should be fine.

Comment

• Fibre_Optix
      • Sep 2003

I use Vegas DVD Architect 1.0 build 203 or is it 206? Anyway. I could swear that if you drop an AVI into the menu it will encode it for you.

Comment

• ban
        • Sep 2003

all sorted

I fixed it with dropping the bit rate to 2.2 down from 8000. Worked well but took 40hrs to render.

Comment

Working...