Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cavie
    • Jun 2002

DVDlab and AC3

I've tried several time to get a dvd with ac3. I'm using Vdmod to rip the ac3 from a divx or xvid, tmpgenc to covert to m2v and dvdlab to auther. DVDlab recognises the ac3 file prefect no problems there...but after compiling the dvd, powerdvd or windvd says there is no sound ? (powerdvd says there is lpcm sound but with 0 kbs/s) i've ac3filter 0.70 installd and ofcource ffdshow. What i'm doing wrong?

I used to convert the sound in tmpgenc using an external program (smxwin151e) But lately (after the install of ac3filter 0.70) This doesn't work also anymore ? I can play the files perfectly no problems there, but after tmpgenc makes a temp wav file (for use in smxwin151e) it's a wav file with no sound at all..... I'm getting crazy of all those codecs.....
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"DVDlab recognises the ac3 file prefect no problems there...but after compiling the dvd, powerdvd or windvd says there is no sound ?"

As an experiment, first use DVDLab to author ONLY the .M2V videostream.

Then use DVDLab to author the combination of the same .M2V videostream and your .AC3 audiostream.

Are the resultant filesizes the same? If so, the .AC3 audiostream is not being processed by DVDLab...

Comment

• Cavie
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      "DVDlab recognises the ac3 file prefect no problems there...but after compiling the dvd, powerdvd or windvd says there is no sound ?"

As an experiment, first use DVDLab to author ONLY the .M2V videostream.

Then use DVDLab to author the combination of the same .M2V videostream and your .AC3 audiostream.

Are the resultant filesizes the same? If so, the .AC3 audiostream is not being processed by DVDLab...
      Ehh, you're exacty right.....dvdlad doesn't do anything with the ac3 file ??? now what ? is this a bug in the program ?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Ehh, you're exacty right.....dvdlad doesn't do anything with the ac3 file ??? now what ? is this a bug in the program ?"

Hard to believe DVDLab isn't generating an error message. If this is the case, you should email the author...

Have you checked the .AC3 file to A) make sure the filesize isn't -0- and B) make sure it plays properly by itself?

You could try first multiplexing the video and audio streams in TMPGEnc...

Comment

• Cavie
          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by setarip

Hard to believe DVDLab isn't generating an error message. If this is the case, you should email the author...

Have you checked the .AC3 file to A) make sure the filesize isn't -0- and B) make sure it plays properly by itself?

You could try first multiplexing the video and audio streams in TMPGEnc...
          Ok, you've been a great help..... dvdlab isn't generating any errors, the ac3 file isn't 0 bytes and i can play completly by itself (with the latest ac3plugin for winamp, )
          I tried to multiplex them in TMPGENC , but TMPGENC doesn't want to open the ac3 file..? But Xmuxer did open the ac3 file and voila a MPG with ac3......BUT in powerdvd still no sound, it says Dolby Digital 2.0 0 kps...?? There must be something wrong with al that codec **** on my pc. Maybe a clean install will help, and for the moment i'll convert the ac3 file to mp2 (that's how i always did it, but i wanted to make a shortcut and better sound..)

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Ok, you've been a great help"

My pleasure ;>}

(You MAY be able to "fix" your .AC3 audiostream, so that DVDLab and TMPGEnc recognize it, by using BeSweet...)

Comment

Working...