Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffcravener
    • Jan 2003

Question on Creating a DVD from the Begining:

OK, I am new to the whole world of creating DV.

But, from what I have read, this is pretty much the steps to create one:
    1) Film/Get Video
    2) Edit video into seperate scenes
    3) Re-encode the edited video into mpeg2 format
    4) Create screen shots, jpeg's, and images to use for DVD backgrounds, menus, and buttons
    5) Use Authoring tool to connect all the above components together and burn the DVD to a disc.

So, my first question would be is the above correct? Am i missing any steps or am I completely wrong?

Second question, using the above steps, i am STILL at step number 2 : )

Here is my dilemma, i have Premier, i pull the seperate pieces of video into it, which are mpegs, and then edit each scene to how i want it...then i have to create an avi from that.....THEN, using TMPGEnc I re-encode it to mpeg2 format.....

PLEASE tell me i am doing something wrong...it is taking sooooooo long to just do one scene....

Any help is VERY much appreciated!

ps - is there some kind of software that adobe has to take advantage of the mulitple computers on a network to do the rendering?
  • Fibre_Optix
    • Sep 2003

Hi jeffcravener

I just read your post. I am a newbie to, in fact I just bought a Pioneer DVR-106D burner last week. I burns the DVD but it plays very pixelated and choppy. I'm trying to figure out why but it's taking time. Not to happy so far.

However, I can help you (I think). When you say "Edit video into seperate scenes" what exactly do you mean? Chapters for a DVD menu?

As for the method? It sounds right but it's step 5 in my opinion is SUPER COMPLICATED. Like I said it's not working for me. (So far).
    Encoding is a pain in the ass to.

Are you burning now or are you planning to. Do you know the rules about -R and +R media?

Comment

• littlemouse
      Setaeriper
      • Aug 2003

I don't know there are may steps to do home movies. With me, I have only three step.
      1. Capture video files using Ulead VideoStudio
      2. Edit the video files with Ulead MediaStudio Pro
      3. Use Ulead DVD MovieFactory to create chapter, menu, and burn into DVD disc or input as DVD files (.VOB, .BUP, .IFO) into my hard-drive and burn it later.
      If the movie exceeds 4.7GB, I will use DVD Shrink to shrink it down to 4.7GB
      Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
      Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Sep 2003

i notice you have Setaeriper on your name. Can also agree he is sometimes rather blunt. Just cause he has alot of posts he assumes he knows everything and no one else knows anything.

Comment

• littlemouse
          Setaeriper
          • Aug 2003

Totally agree with you. With me, everybody has something that others need to learn for. I've never thought that I'm a better person than anybody. Because of that reason, I put under my name a few words similar to Setarip, but not Setarip. It's just a reminder that I would never step on a wrong place. Assuming that we know everything will tell others that we are stupid. In other words, this is a inferiority complex within a person. One knows one stupid, one will do anything to make one become a better person than other people; so I can not say anything about this situation.
          Best regards.

Comment

• zibretl
            • Sep 2003

Littlemouse:
            When you burn DVD's like you described, what is the quality? Does that dvd have smooth-fluid moves or the image becomes foggy during the moves?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

• littlemouse
              Setaeriper
              • Aug 2003

I'm busy this semester 'cause of many homework. Sorry if I reply too late (better late than none, right! )
              I think the quality of home movies that I made are OK. They depend on how good your digital camcorder is. If you buy your camcorder over $5,000.00 then it will produce a good video files to edit with. You may use Ulead MediaStudio Pro (or Adobe Premiere) to capture and edit you movie files (.mpeg or .avi); then use Ulead DVD MovieFactory (easy to use) or Pinnacle Impression DVD Pro to make menu and burn into DVD disc.
              Oh, I forgot to answer your question, those movies I made have "smooth-fluid moves" (good quality). When you capture, remember to setup "the capture program" at best resolution, such as 24 bits, 720x480_NTSC (or 720x576_PAL), 29.97 fps, Video Data Rate about 6000 or 7000 or 8000 (regular is 6000 Kbps.)
              P.S: If you want to use Pinnacle software (Pinnacle Impression DVD Pro), Adobe Premiere would be the best program for you to capture and edit video files (because they're related). If you use other program to capture and edit video files, you may have a few problems when use Pinnacle program to burn or make menus....
              Last edited by littlemouse; 2 Oct 2003, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...