Sonic Foundry DVD Architect- Messed with DIVX and some other settings, HELP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airwolf
    • Jul 2003

Sonic Foundry DVD Architect- Messed with DIVX and some other settings, HELP?

Hi, i just downloaded the demo to DVD Architect because i wanted to try it and see if its worth getting, but now this software has messed up media player/codecs severly. Mpeg-2 dvd files now have black bars on the sides, and when in full screen mode, they are now on the sides and tops. I find this most annoying, and also, this program has screwed up all of my divx recordings, they seem very bright, washed out, and the color has been tinted to a slight blue tone, not to mention the blacks are no longer black, but are gray, I uninstalled the program and that did nothing. No one on sonic foundrys forums would help me with my problem, can anyone here help? Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I suspect you don't have WinXP installed - but if you do, you should be able to "rollback" to a time before you installed the program. Otherwise,

Look for the following two files in your Windows\System directory:

LMPGVD.AX
    LMPGSPL.AX

If you have them, temporarily change the filenames to:

LMPGVD.AY
    LMPGSPL.AY

Reboot your system

If this doesn't solve your problem, change the filenames back to their original ".AX" extenders and reboot again.

Comment

• Airwolf
      • Jul 2003

i do have windows xp, but system restore has been turned off, so i can not do this. Also, i these files do not appear to be in the system or system32 directorys.

Comment

• Airwolf
        • Jul 2003

help?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If you have WinDVD on your system, download DVDGenieand:

1) Click on the WinDVD tab
          2) Click on the "More" radiobutton
          3) Select "Register filters to Windows"
          4) Reboot

Comment

• Airwolf
            • Jul 2003

didnt help, i did exactly what you said, it didnt change anything, i also have noticed that the color seems to be messed up when outside of vegas video, if i import the original file, then import the divx or mpeg-2 file, i get identical colors, but if i put the media player side by side to the vegas video preview window, they are completly different. Any more suggestions? i really want to get this fixed but i dont even know whats wrong...

Comment

Working...