Why go dvd or even vcd?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezysk
    • Apr 2003

I use DVD shrink, you can get several movies that way,with hardly any difference in movie quality.

Comment

• Mr John Murdoch
      • Sep 2003

Why would you want to watch a movie on a pc with all that annoying fan noise.

Comment

• ezysk
        • Apr 2003

...I don't

Comment

• trailergod
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr John Murdoch
          Why would you want to watch a movie on a pc with all that annoying fan noise.
          what fan noise? ... u can build very silent PCs these days...

i only have 2 fans in my PC, one on the CPU cooler which is low rev and the Power supply which is also low rev and can even be controlled.

my point of using DVD over divx or xvid is that DVD mpeg simply looks better, especially when doin 1:1 rips.

u can keep the menu, chapters, audio tracks and DTS tracks sometimes, and bonuses... with divx/mpeg4 convertions u cant do that.

Comment

• ezysk
            • Apr 2003

I can shrink DVD's to 40% their size...and still get good quality pictures,but I still would want to know how to create those "superbits" hi res DVD's

Comment

• DonBerg
              • Aug 2003

Superbit DVDs are not "high res" - all DVDs are limited to 720x480 resolution. Superbit just uses maximum bitrate of about 10Mb/sec by eliminating extras compared to regular DVD movies that use an average bitrate of 4-8Mb/sec. So faster motion scenes have fewer artifacts, but you don't get a higher resolution picture.

Comment

Working...