X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conroy
    • Jan 2002

TMPEnc coded required

Hi,

I am using Nero to burn VCD disks (from AVI/DIVx) but it takes approx. 8-12 hours to burn 50 mins of video. I have read suggestions to convert to MPEG1 using TMPGEng before burning with Nero. Apparently this can significantly reduce the converison time required.

I donwloaded the latest version of TMPGEnc (v2.5) but can not open an AVI that uses MPEG layer 3 audio.

I receive the following error message when opening, e.g. "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" - (using TMPGEnc)

"xxxxxxx(file name) can not open, or unsupported"

I noticed that the menu option (in TMPGEnc) "Option->Environmental setting->External tool" allows you to add "External Audio Encoders" for layer 2 and 3 audio.

Supported codecs are:
    L3enc.exe
    MP3Enc.exe
    8hz-mp3.exe
    lame.exe
    scmpx.exe

I have spent most of the morning searching for the codecs and all I could find was the "Yahoo briefcase" with the lame and radium codecs. Here is the URL - "http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4c7da3b5/bc/lamecom.zip?bco2uS8Al_oOLjnS"

Unfortunately, the briefcase( according to Yahoo) is overloaded and will not allow you to download any of the files listed.

I might have made an incorrect assumption that the "lame or other codecs" will solve my problem with opening avi/divx files using TMPGEnc.

Could someone please help with the following:
    a) Confirm whether downloading and installing should solve the problem
    b) Either mail me the "lame or scmpx" codec or point me to a different URL where I can download the codec.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Conroy
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Are you able to play the .AVI on your system? If not, download and install the Radium MP3 audio codec.

2) When you downloaded TMPGEnc, did you also download and install the companion VFAPI plugin? If not, do so and your problem should disappear.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Conroy
      • Jan 2002

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

In response to your questions:

1) No problems in opening and playing the AVI file with either Intervideo DVD or Windows Media Player.

2) Yes, I did download and install the VFAPI plugin for TMPGEnc

Unfortunately, the only place I could find the LAME or RADIUM codec is at - "http://briefcase.yahoo.com/radiumcodec"

When trying to download the codec I receive the following error message -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Permission Denied
      The requested URL '/users/4c7da3b5/bc/ra-codec12.zip?bca90S8AHq2duHQH' is temporarily overloaded. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been trying to download the codec from this page since I posted the original message this morning. No luck !!

Could you either mail me the codec or point me to a different URL that works.

Thanks for your help
      Conroy

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

For the Radium MP3 codec, go here:

Comment

Working...