Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • htglaser
    • Oct 2003

Nero Burning ROM Reallocation Error

I have been successfully writing DVD-R and DVD+RWs with Nero Burning ROM for about a month now. All of a sudden, I am getting the following error message:

DVD-video files reallocation failed. The resulting DVD-video might be unplayable. Do you want to continue?

I edited and rendered the DVD files using Pinnacle Studio 8, as I have in the past with no problems.

Has anyone seen this error message? I have searched the Nero documentation, and the Studio web forum(s) with no results.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'm speculating that you're using NERO's "UDF/ISO" mode.

If so, use "DVD-Video" mode instead and you should never see that particular error message again.

What version of NERO are you using?

Comment

• htglaser
      • Oct 2003

I'm actually using DVD-Video mode, and the version is 6.0.0.19

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I'm actually using DVD-Video mode, and the version is 6.0.0.19"

Then that is very unusual, indeed.

1) Have you successfully played the problematic DVD "package" from your hard drive (as a "DVD", NOT .VOBs), using a software DVD player such as WinDVD?

2) Has this happened more than once, with DIFFERENT DVD "packages" you've created with Pinnacle Studio 8? Does it happen EVERY time now?

3) Has it happened with DVD "packages" you've PREVIOUSLY created with Pinnacle Studio 8, that were successfully handled the first time?

4) Does the problematic DVD "package" contain any files OTHER than .IFOs, .BUPs, and.VOBs?

5) Does the problematic DVD "package" contain an inappropriate audiostream or a videostream with inappropriate resolution?

6) Are you using purchased versions of both NERO and Pinnacle Studio 8?
        Last edited by setarip; 12 Oct 2003, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• htglaser
          • Oct 2003

Well, I just went ahead and burned it, and it works in a DVD player. So maybe I'm taking up your time - for which I apologize in advance. But as it is burning, I also get a warning about a potential read error leading to a write error.

I will try to duplicate the DVD-RW and see if the DVD-R works. If it does, then it seems the error message from Nero is no big deal.

1) Have you successfully played the problematic DVD "package" from your hard drive (as a "DVD", NOT .VOBs), using a software DVD player such as WinDVD?

No, but it plays from a DVD player.

2) Has this happened more than once, with DIFFERENT DVD "packages" you've created with Pinnacle Studio 8? Does it happen EVERY time now?

Yes - once before, and no not every time.

3) Has it happened with DVD "packages" you've PREVIOUSLY created with Pinnacle Studio 8, that were successfully handled the first time?

No.

4) Does the problematic DVD "package" contain any files OTHER than .IFOs, .BUPs, and.VOBs?

No.

5) Does the problematic DVD "package" contain an inappropriate audiostream or a videostream with inappropriate resolution?

I am not aware of this situation - the source files were .AVIs rendered as MPEG-2, and originally captured from an 8mm video camera. Same as everything else I've been doing.

6) Are you using purchased versions of both NERO and Pinnacle Studio 8?

Yes.
          Last edited by htglaser; 12 Oct 2003, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It appears that NERO is sporadically generating false error messages.

If you happen to have Roxio Easy CD Creator installed on your system, uninstall it - as it is known to create conflicts with and within NERO... (The same may be true for other burning software as well)

Comment

• htglaser
              • Oct 2003

I don't have Roxio, but I was worried about MS Windows Media Player.

I'll submit the message to the Nero support people and see what they say - thanks for your help.

Comment

• htglaser
                • Oct 2003

As an additional note to readers, I wondered if anyone was aware of a conflict with InCD (another Nero feature).

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To htglaser

Your posting piqued my curiosity, so I did a little research for kicks and giggles.

Although not necessarily the only event to cause NERO to generate the "file allocation" message - ANY time your DVD "package" includes an empty .VOB (-0- bytes), NERO will generate this message. Proceed as is normal and your burn should be fine.

It's important to understand that, although a .VOB may contain -0- bytes, it does NOT mean that you can delete it from the DVD "package". On the contrary, for at least some DVD players, the empty file is necessary for proper playback...

Comment

• htglaser
                    • Oct 2003

Well, thanks for the research.

I went ahead and burned the files to the DVD-R and they played back fine. All of the menus worked, and everything.

Next time this happens, I'll look at the VOB files to see if any are "zero" in content or not.

I guess this is another example of where a software error message could be more descriptive.

Thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"Thanks again."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• damago1
                        • Dec 2003

the same problem

I have the same problem.
                        But I have succeeded with numerous dvd-s before!

Some information:
                        * don't blame Roxxio, Media Player or such things - as I said normally it works ok. only one particular dvd failed till now.
                        * no zero size files in VIDEO_TS folder
                        * everything working ok when playing DVD from folder on a HDD

Comment

• ashy
                          • Nov 2003

I have had this error on numerous occasions and has something to do with the way the DVD is authored, it seems something gets corrupted during the authoring process.

Got the error with one DVD and burned it anyway, but it didn't play correctly. Tried it again with another burning program, this time no errors, but still playback problems, so I know it's not NERO.

I reauthored the DVD again using the same parameters and the same authoring program and this time it was fine, so NERO does correctly detect something is wrong, but unfortunately doesn't specifically state what sometimes.

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
                            Platinum Member
                            Platinum Member
                            • Sep 2003

How do you change your NERO's "UDF/ISO" mode.

to use "DVD-Video" mode instead and you should never see that particular error message again.

Comment

• Latham_Loop
                              • Dec 2003

I think this is a problem with WinDVD. I formated an MPG movie for DVD with WinDVD Creator 2 Version 2.0B014.493CA6 and tried to burn it to DVD with Nero 5.5 and I got the same error. I then reformated for DVD the same MPG movie, using Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 and Nero had no problem with the resulting VOB & IFO files.

Comment

Working...