X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martan
    • Nov 2003

problem burning with Nero 6

Hello There !
    Can Anyone help me? I'm using DVD shrink 2.3 to author my DVD's and then Nero 6 Ultra to burn them. I think I'm doing everything fine, I can play my dvd's on my PC but not in my player. I burn through Nero burning ROM and I select DVD-video , then I drag my files to Video_ts folder and burn it. I use DVD+R and +RW media. My DVD player is APEX that plays everything, never had a problem with it.
    If anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong, please drop a line, thanks so much,
    Tom
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

do you have an AUDIO_TS folder too? Some players demand it even if it's empty.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• valaryn
      • Nov 2003

Hey martan.
      I also have an apex player, as well as another brand too. I have ripped movies with xcopy xpress and dvd-decripter and dvdshrink. I have burned the resulting video_ts folder (along with empty audio folder as well...) useing the following softwares.

1) HP recordnow (came with burner)
      2) copytodvd
      3) nero 6
      4) Roxio 6

Roxio 6 was the only one that played on my apex. the other 3 played on my other player..and all play on computer.

not sure if is worth buying roxio 6...but u may be able to get it on filesharing network like kazaa or something..

hope this helps..

Comment

• martan
        • Nov 2003

Thank you all, I found out that my Apex doesn't play DVD+R , only -R , but it's worth to try it with roxio 6 , I do have it , so I'll give it a shot. Even though I'm getting a new DVD player that will play everything for sure.
        Thanks again .

Comment

• martan
          • Nov 2003

By the way, Nero 6 works , but I have a big problem with crashing and not responding , maybe 8 out of 10 times, weird.
          Anyone having similar problem? I have XP pro on my Inspiron 8200 laptop, Nero 6 , and internal Plextor PX-708A DVD burner. I'm using it externally in the enclosure through USB2 .
          Thanks for any help.

Comment

• chop
            • Nov 2003

have you tryed turning off the wizards in nero?
            if not do this

trun off the wizard
            go to udf mode and make shure you select dvd
            drag and drop the video ts file that your autoring software has made
            brun your dvd

I have a diffrant set up but had problems when using the dvd vido mode on nero. this method works fine

chop

Comment

Working...