Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herschel
    • Jan 2002

Re-encoded .m2v doesn't sync with .ac3

I've tried several different programs to demux the audio from the vob files. None of them sync with the video stream (used Rempeg2 to reduce bitrate to fit on DVD-R), with varying severity.

I've read Nicky Pages' guide Fixing Audio Synchronization Problems http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/audio-synch.htm - but it refers to fixing an AVI file. I don't want to convert the file to AVI just to use the audio tool - are there any others available?

Does anyone have any other references or suggestions?

Thanks!
    H.
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

use smart ripper

smart ripper will demux the files while ripping them from the dvd so sync will not be a problem

Comment

• EL_RIEL
      • Jan 2002

i ripped the movie files(every .vob) using SmartRipper then using again SmartRipper, i rip the dolbydigital 6ch .ac3 file..

the used rempeg2 to reduce bitrate from the original VOB files to get a .m2v movie file..
      i never get any sync problems.. huh...

Comment

• omarh
        • Nov 2001

As long as your mv2 file and ac3 file are the same length (minutes) you won't have a sync problem.

I use graphedit to convert the ac3 into a wav file so DvdIT will be able to import it, since DVDIt doesn't like 6 channel AC3 files...and also sometimes crashes when importing 2 channel AC3 files.

Comment

• eg8dsc
          • Feb 2002

i have been trying to use, DVD Quick Builder to re-mux the m2v and ac3 and am having similar probelms, however read somwhere that it may still work fine on a set top player..??..

Comment

• vic102482
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jan 2002

yeha it does

Yeah they do sync at the set top player level. But i just started exploring a new way to copy the dvd with a tv capture card, just hook it up run the set top player into the computer and capture the movie the kool thing is that the card captures at MPEG-2 so NO conversion needs to take place at all then you jus use ulead or mydvd to burn to a dvd voila.

Comment

• eg8dsc
              • Feb 2002

right i should burn it and give it a go......thx

i had thought about that way with a composite input, but i did loose a bit of quality, but then agen if you have to transcode then its a similar process....??

i also looked at a phillips 9080 dvd-rw....a set top thingy in my catalogue.....to record....but there were quite a lot of pitfalls to the set top recorders...

ne way..maybe ur right,
              maybe its the way forward...??

(maybe even dual layered discs and writers would be swarrrt)

Comment

• vic102482
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Jan 2002

Tv capture quality

See thats the thing I had bad quailty at first too but then I changed to 6 megs per second capture rate and set it to a high resolution also you will need a HARDWARE decoder card my tv tuner has one built in. So it decodes as it captures

As far as you dvd burner question poineer a03 has been the really popular choice I have one myself and I havent really had any compatib ility issues.

Comment

• eg8dsc
                  • Feb 2002

sweet thx for advice,

but when i mentioned the phillips dvd recorder i meant a set top one that will record...from a source, ie sky, tv...through scart or svideo.

ie like a vcr.....just put in you dvd-rw then hit record....even with video plus.....

but some of them only run on dvd-rw, not too good for price.

anywayz thx.

Comment

• vic102482
                    Platinum Member
                    Platinum Member
                    • Jan 2002

oh set tops

i dont really like o mess with set tops, I know for a fact that alot of them have features built in that stop you from copying protected movies. If you want to do your own home video thing then that is fine but like if a movie comes on then the setop box will recognize that it is copy protected and stop the process. Maybe there are some rogue ones that dont but from what I hear and have seen, they dont assist witht he copying and recording of televised events at all.

Comment

Working...