How do you show AVI Date/Time code as subtitles on DVD movie?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissmith
    • Nov 2003

Apologies if this has been dealt with before but I am new and am having trouble understanding which posts apply to what I want to do:-

I am starting with a DV AVI file. Using DVD Architect 1.0 I am creating menus etc… and can burn the file successfully to DVD no problems.

But by doing the above I cannot display the Date/Time code from the original DV AVI file.

So…

I downloaded DVSubmaker and extracted the Date/Time code from the DV AVI file.

But here I come unstuck, I do not know how to get the subtitle file into my DVD file.

I have two files in the finished DVD folder :

AUDIO_TS (Apparently empty)
    VIDEO_TS (Contains BUP, IFO & VOB files)

I tried copying the SUB file (created by DVSubmaker) into the VIDEO_TS folder but this does not seem to work, seem too easy to work but worth a try!

Ideally I would like to be able to toggle subtitles on/off as required.

Any help here would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Chris Smith
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Someone else I'm sure will be able to give you details but I'd imagine you'd need to edit perhaps your IFO file with Ifoedit in order to run another stream.
    You're right about the AUDIO_TS folder - it's required by older DVD standalone players.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• chrissmith
      • Nov 2003

Thanks sfheath,

If I could edit the IFO file to add the subtitle stream I would be over the moon, but does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

• bobbagoose
        • Nov 2003

no, you can't edit the ifo to add substream. use some dvd authoring software like sonic reelDVD or try vobedit. i've heard this works but can make the image stutter.

Comment

Working...