X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

No audio in TMpgenc DVD Author

I'm having a problem with TMpgenc DVD Author.

I made a compilation dvd which I joined clips from two different titles.

I first used dvd shrink in re-author mode to extract the sections I wanted. I made sure the "split VOB larger than 1 gig" was unchecked resulting in one VOB file per clip.

when I went and opened the VOB file in Tmpgenc dvd author, it accepted the VOB file, but there was no sound. That is, when I created the menu and double clicked on the black square in order the check the clip, there was no audio.

I have also de-multiplexed and re-multiplexed the VOB as an mpeg2-in the regular TMpgenc program-and tried that as well with no successful result. The multiplexed mpeg2 file plays fine in windows media player, with both video and audio ok. The stream is dolby digital ac3. What could be happening here?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"TMPGEnc DVD Author" is apparently very "picky" about .AC3 headers. Therefore, after using "TMPGEnc" to DE-multiplex the video and audio streams:

1) Use a hex editor to locate the FIRST instance of "0B 77" - and delete/cut all data prior to it. (As an alternative, you could attempt to use a program named "AC3Fix")

2) Load .M2V file FIRST into TMPGEnc

3) Load modified .AC3 file SECOND into TMPGEnc

4) If converted MPEG file is out of synch (most probable, since a piece of the .AC3 was "trimmed" off the front-end of the file), use TMPGEnc as follows to correct:

5) Load MPEG into TMPGEnc's main window
    6) Click on "Setting" radiobutton
    7) Select "Advanced" tab
    8) Put a checkmark next to and then doubleclick on "Source range"
    Enter appropriate number (positive or negative ["-"] next to "Audio Gap Correct"
    Click on "ok" and click on next "ok" to get back to main window
    Save with a new filename

(Or, if you prefer to adjust the .AC3 audiostream directly, download AC3DelayCorrect from http://farmi007.bei.t-online.de - and additionally download (and place in same folder) GfaWin23.ocx)
    Last edited by setarip; 14 Dec 2003, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

Thanks setarip, somehow it worked. I used the program you recomended-AC3fix-and then multiplexed the revised AC3 stream with the Mv2 file and loaded it into Tmpgenc dvd author.

The audio showed up under clip info, whereas it did not before.

However, when I double clicked on the menu square, there was still no audio, but I decided to test output it. when I opened up the newly created dvd files in windvd, the audio was there! Maybe there is a bug in Tmpgenc dvd author's preview mode.

Anyway, thanks for the advise, you're the best!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Anyway, thanks for the advise, you're the best!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...