X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlohman
    • Dec 2003

MyDVD

I am new to the forum and have two questions:

1) When transfering my video from MovieMaker2 to Sonic MyDVD and writing to a DVD, the image is a little blurry during playback. Am I doing something wrong or is that to be expected?

2) When creating a slide show in MyDVD the Burn button is not highlighted and I therefore cannot burn the slides onto a DVD. What am I missing here?

Jack Lohman
    jlohman@execpc.com
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Moved to correct forum ...
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• mmtosh607
      • Jan 2004

no burn button

Any response to the no burn button highlighted? I just transferred a VHS movie into MyDVD and can't get a "burn" button to turn on to make a DVD.

Thanks,

mmtosh607

Comment

• jlohman
        • Dec 2003

Burn button

Yeah, I got feedback from Sonic that I was trying to transfer more data than the 4.7G allowed for the DVD. When I reduced the file size the Burn light turned on.

Also, there is a new book on the shelves (Amazon) on MyDVD specefically (Author Jan Ozer). I recommend it.

Jack Lohman
        jlohman@execpc.com

Comment

• mmtosh607
          • Jan 2004

Do you have MyDVD v5? I have only DVD v4. Did you compress the file using MyDVD (which version) or did you just delete enough of the slide show to fit in the DVD.

mmtosh607

Comment

• jlohman
            • Dec 2003

I have version 5 which apparently has all of the editing features that are missing in earlier versions. I am now in the process of re-importing my videos into MyDVD to avoid the extra compression/distortions of converting Movie Maker 2 files to MyDVD for burning. MM2 has a friendlier editing system, but unfortunately cannot write to DVD. So I am learning the MyDVD editing (using Jan Ozer’s book described earlier).

On the slideshow I first imported .tif files (which are huge). I converted them to Jpegs using Thumbs Plus and was then able to get them on 1/4 of a DVD.

Comment

Working...