I have VOB files, but no IFO files, how do I make them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RNCSerge
    • Jul 2003

I have VOB files, but no IFO files, how do I make them?

Straight forward questions. I have .vob movie files, But TMPEGEnc DVD requires a .ifo file. How do I make the ifo file? And also, few of those vob's are still pictures. How do I make them play as such? (when I try to play it, it stops, because it's only 1 frame)
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Do you have individual clips from movies, or one entire movie? To make all new .IFO files, you can use DVD Shrink's re-author mode. It will create all new DVD oriented files per segment.

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

DVD Shrink require the IFO file. I merge my VOB's and take them into TMPGenc DVD Author all the time. If you're having problems demux your merged VOB in TMPGenc's MPEG Tools' Demulitplex, put the streams back with "simple multiplex MPEG2 ProgramVBR and create a MPEG2....DVD Author guarantees it'll take a TMPGenc created MPEG2.

Comment

• RNCSerge
        • Jul 2003

Thanks, I hope TMPEGEnc won't reencode them, as I already got them configured at the right bitrate. Also, any way to make still pictures (vob's) appear as such?

EDIT: I tried TMPEGEnc de-multiplex. The vob title set consists of a .99gb file and 100 mb file. The demultiplex did good on the .99gb file, but it said the second file was a illegal MPEG stream. I tried to join those VOB files with cut & join, but it said the file wasn't MPEG-2. So another question is: how can I join 2 VOB files?
        Last edited by RNCSerge; 23 Dec 2003, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

I use AVI_MPEG_RM_WMV Joiner from Boilsoft. They need to be joined because susequent VOB files don't contain video headers. Check by playing that .99GB VOB and make sure it's the start of your video and load them in order. You can also try the freeware HJSplit...but that requires renaming the files. The Boilsoft joiner is worth $20.

Comment

• RNCSerge
            • Jul 2003

Thanks, but I already found a good free joiner "DV Tool". Now, how do I make still picture vob's stay on the screen?

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Most DVD Player's have a feature to do this...read the help. You can always pause, hit "print screen and copy to paint...but the players will give you a more professional picture.

Comment

Working...