Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meusa
    • Jan 2004

Free Authoring Software?

I want to put some VOB files onto DVD, but do not have the IFO, BUB files etc.

Is there any easy way to create them or any simple, but free authoring software available that will allow me to do this?

Thanks for your time.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Is there any easy way to create them or any simple, but free authoring software available that will allow me to do this?"

There is a program called "TMPGENc DVD Author"–different from the regular encoding TMPGENc program, but it's not free. (it is for 30 days). You can use it with full functionality with the lone VOB files that you have for the time being. You will be able to create chapter points, as well as menus. The program will re-author your VOB files into a new set of DVD related files. (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB)

Comment

• Meusa
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for the reply, the program seems good, but I have encountered another problem now. It seems that some of the files are NTSC and some PAL, and it will not let me output the contents on the same DVD unless they are of the same specification.

Can anyone now recommend a quick solution to this problem? 20 of the files are NTSC and only 2 PAL, and PAL is the specification id prefere to use.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Thanks for the reply"

Glad to be of help

"it will not let me output the contents on the same DVD unless they are of the same specification."

Try and use a different "Track" for the PAL material. (Separate tracks for NTSC and PAL).

Comment

Working...